S/he will be responsible for the short and long-term planning, budgeting, and operational finance activities. In addition, s/he will provide leadership to developing and execution of the financial plan. They will ensure business metrics and goals are attained and will drive a culture of accountability across the entire organization. They will help lead our alliances from a financial perspective.
- Provide hands-on leadership related to the corporate budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of the budget management process. Streamline collection, preparation and distribution of data.
- Regular reporting of financials including collaborations (revenue and OpEx) to meet the needs of Blueprint and our collaborators (Budget, F1/F2, LRP, etc.) and lead the strategic financial planning process for the collaborations
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Provide analytical support for a broad range of operational and strategic decisions
- Develop metrics to measure financial performance and guide capital allocation decisions
- Serve as finance alliance director and lead day-to-day financial alliance activities for large collaborations
- Ensure reporting of accurate information. Manage and adhere to all Blueprint Medicines policies, ensuring compliance with corporate rules and government regulations
- Consolidate and summarizes data for ad hoc analysis, e.g. ROI analysis
- BA/BS degree required. MBA, consulting or other equivalent experience preferred
- 10 years of experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record showing high business impact
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, problem-solving and critical thinking
- Experience working in as well as influencing cross-functional and cross company teams
- Pro-active mindset and ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Deep understanding of P&L management in all its components
- Intuitive ability to understand business objectives, define and implement analytical approaches, and draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional Excel and Power Point skills