Summary of Responsibilities:
Reports directly to COO and asked to facilitate regular financialreporting to the executive committee (President, Executive Vice President, and COO). The Director of Finance will be an integral part of Geomni’s management team.This position is accountable to provide strategic financial focus and thought leadership to the business in order to achieve sustainable profit and growth,, ongoing financial modeling, preparation of the annual business plan, and 5 year strategic plan. Provides leadership, coaching, and support to the business and division managers.
- Provide strategic oversight of day-to-day financial operations driving process improvements to streamline activities and maximizing financialreporting and budget management efficiencies Manage billing and payable processes in coordination with Verisk corporate finance
- Develop and prepare monthly management reporting package
- Present monthly, quarterly and year to datefinancials with accompanying analysis of results
- Develop regular reporting and analysis including key metrics reports and conduct ad hoc analyses as required
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support development of long term strategic initiatives & business plans
- Prepare and evaluate annual consolidated and divisional budgets
- Assist in pricing and expense management
- Build strong, collaborative working relationships with business unit leadership, sales divisions and corporate functions
- Provide support to Geomni Executives and divisional managers
· Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance, or business administration, required; MBA or CPApreferred
· 5 to 10 years supervisory experience
· Strong strategic, technical, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative and finance skills; experience with businesses requiring logistics management preferred
· Management, leadership, communication, analytical skills required
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with, and influence, senior business leaders.
· Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups and pivot tables); proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access and PowerPoint).
· Strong business acumen in understanding and communicating complex business and economic information and implications
1. General office working conditions and environment
2. Occasional exceptional hours as needed to meet deadlines
3. Occasional travel to acquisition service hubs may be required
Job ID: 20170301-9018-TL