Opportunity at a Glance
This position is part of Adtalem’s corporate Financial, Planning & Analysis function that leads and supports all forecasting (long and short term), IR support, BOD and earnings call preparations. This a key position in the finance organization that will report to the VP of FP&A and will have significant exposure to CFO and other top executives as he/(she) manages financial planning process for Adtalem.
Additionally, this role may take on various financial analysis work and fulfill reporting needs of the business units, while also supporting any M&A/divestiture and capex/opex investment analysis, as needed.
- Lead a core Financial Planning and Analysis team
- Main responsibilities include:
- Oversees and provides insights into month end close and inform finance leaders regarding trends in the business performance
- Manage and direct the monthly forecasts, annual operating plan and 5-year strategic plan processes
- Work on any ad hoc requests from executive team
- Manages and coordinates monthly operating review deliverables
- Build (or maintain) financial models and regular reports
- Identify and implement process or system efficiencies
- Coordinate FP&A processes and information flow between Corp FP&A function and all other CFO groups, Institution Finance teams and Home Office functions
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, accounting, or any related analytical field; MBA or master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of progressive FP&A experience. Experience with corporate FP&A duties preferred
- Strong analytic capability and propensity for continuous improvement
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and Power Point
- CPA, CFA or CMA type certifications are a plus
- Must draw from solid financial planning experience and business acumen to quickly understand, analyze and address business results and issues
- Effective verbal and written communication is essential. Must have the ability to concisely communicate with manager and key constituents in formal and informal settings
- Possesses professional maturity to work with key constituents/business partners in tactfully exploring win-win situations when resolving issues
- Has capacity to work independently and manage time efficiently/effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Approaches duties with intellectual curiosity and creativity to analyze the business and assess current/future opportunities and risks
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.