- Plan, coordinate and direct the administrative and programmatic activities of the directorate.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement departmental changes as approved by the center director and coordinated with the human resources manager prior to implementation.
- Develop departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures; review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting the finance and administration directorate and subordinate departments; coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall center objectives.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Direct program changes and supervise the development and implementation of programs for the department.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment. Establish financial acquisition controls and evaluate potential program expenditures; direct the efforts of the procurement area in administration of subcontracts for services, materials and rentals.
- Develop budgets, financial forecasts, projections and cost analyses as a basis for negotiating contracts for the center, support programs and for renewal and amendments to existing contracts.
- Ensure compliance with established budgets, purchase limitations, travel restrictions and general contract limitations; maintain stability and consistency with DOL and MTC goals and objectives.
- Coordinate career technical skills training (CTST) funding and cost control.
- Coordinate wage and salary program with the manager, human resources.
- Ensure adherence to the energy conservation, facility utilization and facility maintenance plans.
- Oversee facility maintenance activities including maintenance of buildings, inspections, preventive maintenance, space utilization and rehabilitation plans and projects.
- Oversee logistics activities including the management of the warehouse, proper record keeping and reporting of government equipment and consumable supplies.
- Oversee the management of the food services department including cafeteria operation, special food services, menu planning, inspections and quality of delivery of services to students.
- Review and oversee the student leadership program to include student government and leadership training.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years related experience, two of which should be in a supervisory capacity. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.