Director of Finance & Accounting
Are you an experienced Controller professional looking to better utilize your T.I.M.E. in a new career? The Ware Group dba Johnstone Supply understands the importance of placing the right person, in the right position at the right TIME!
Our values of (T)Teamwork, (I)Integrity, (M)Mach Speed and (E)Empowerment are fundamental to the way we operate.
We are currently seeking a Director of Finance and Accounting for our Headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida. At the Ware Group, you have an opportunity to join a successful team with a chance to contribute, learn and grow.
The Director of Finance & Accounting role is responsible for directing the financial management and accounting functions of the organization including the preparation of financial statements, monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and comprehensive financial / operational analytics and reporting. This role will have critical responsibility for establishing and maintaining tools and processes that enhance the financialforecasting and analytics capabilities of the organization, including P&L, balance sheet and cash utilization forecasts. Maintenance and enhancement of the company's financial information systems, is also a critical aspect of the position.
The Director of Finance & Accounting role will drive the month / quarter / year-end financial close processes, internal and external financialreporting, tax compliance, accounts receivable / payable functions, payroll process review, maintain physical inventoryprocesses, M&A due diligence activities and financial oversight of capital expenditures. The Director of Finance & Accounting is also responsible for the establishment, improvement and execution of internal control policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices, maintaining required fiscal records and managing the external audit process. Interaction with the Technology team to ensure proper systems? controls and efficient processes are in place is critical to this role. This position is expected to assist the VP of Finance in managing key relationships with the Johnstone Supply Cooperative, banking and financial institutions, external auditors, tax advisors, state and federal authorities and business insurance (risk management) partners.
1. Responsible for safeguarding the assets of the corporation and the protection of the shareholders? interests at all times.
2. Maintain accurate accounting / financial records and robust internal controls processes to protect integrity of company assets.
3. Oversees the development of financial models, analytics / metrics and associated reporting to ensure operations leaders and senior leadership have the required data to make effective and timely decisions in the tactical and strategic management of the business.
4. Serves as a facilitator and key contributor in the development and maintenance of management reporting tools, financial planning / forecasting models, annual budgets, and asset management activities, on an ongoing basis.
5. Manages all essential accounting functions which includes general accounting and reporting, accounts receivable / payable, payroll, cash flow management.
6. Coaches Regional and Branch Managers and other field employees on sound financial decision making.
7. Manages external auditors and tax advisors, as well as State and Federal auditors, assuring all legal reporting / compliance requirements are met in regards to financialobligations and mandated documentation.
8. Assists VP of Finance in financial advisory and support role to company owners and assists in the respective tax planning / filings as required.
Bachelor's degree in accounting is required with CPA certification and/or MBA preferred; combined 10+ years of experience in a controller, financial planning and analysis or an accounting management role. A thorough knowledge of finance and accounting, forecasting and analytics, budgeting, accounts receivable and payable management, cash flow management, payroll process, and business taxation is required.
The Controller must be a skillful communicator both verbally and in writing; must possess strong and proven leadership capabilities; demonstrate the ability to effectively drive and manage change and the capability / disposition to serve as a business coach and mentor to functional and operational teams.