JOB SUMMARY: Provides strategic direction in the finance function for all theme parks within the Universal Parks & Resorts division, which includes both domestic and international theme parks. Specific job duties entail ensuring accuracy of financial results (accounting function) and financialreporting submissions to NBCU and Comcast (financialreporting function). Job involves leading a team of senior managers and/or managers. Candidate must participate in financial reviews with executive leadership.
- Direct and supervise the overall accounting function. Manage finance staff by providing leadership, coaching, mentoring, career development, and performance management.
- Lead the financialreporting process through interactions with VP, Finance-Controller and business unit/department leaders to ensure timely and accurate reporting to Senior Management and Corporate groups.
- Lead the month-end close process including review of journal entries internal reports, and consolidated financial statements. Communicate with business units/departments to ensure that all close deadlines are met and results are reported accurately. Manage the monthly/quarterly variance commentary process and perform other analytics as required
- Oversee quarterly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts to ensure that reconciliations are accurate and prepared and submitted in accordance with NBCU account reconciliation policy.
- Assists SVP, Finance-Controller with ad hoc projects. Tasks include research of highly complex accounting issues and summarizing research results into effective memorandums and executive summaries. Additionally, candidates are responsible for presenting accounting positions to the NBCU controllership team.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is required (Masters or other advanced degreerequired for CPA).
EXPERIENCE: 5 or more years (3-5 supervisory) of accounting, business experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:CPArequired
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Occasional local and long distance travel may be required.