In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. Theywanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we’re the world’s most iconic American brand. We’re represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our uniqueaesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what’s next.Don and Doris Fisher alwayswanted to “do more than sell clothes,” and today we’re leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.If you're full of ideas, if youwant to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.About Us:In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. Theywanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world’s most iconic brands. Today we’re represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco. Our uniqueaesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtfuldesign. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what’s next.Don and Doris Fisher alwayswanted to “do more than sell clothes.” Theywanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transformretail, and we’re still following their lead.We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.So if you have ideas, if you’re talented, if youwant to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we’d love to meet you.Overview:Being a Director for Talent Acquisition at Gap means you're doing more than just filling jobs. You’re visible, you’re connected, you’re engaged and you play a critical role in leading Gap’s attraction and acquisition of the best talent. As a Director of Talent Acquisition, you are leading a team that drives Talent Acquisition for one of the leading apparel brands in North America. You would support the North America market leading a team of territoryrecruiters, engage with business partners to identify, develop, and employ strategies that build teams and organizations. As a champion of both the business and talent, you would work in closepartnership with the HR Generalist team, to guide and impact an epic candidateexperience. As a Director of Talent Acquisition, you would beresponsible for sourcing, assessing, selecting and partnering with the business to hire the leaders who oversee stores within North America. You will also support the hiring process for your functional partners in our New York Global Head office. You will find talent that no one else can and are able to do this through the relationships you build, innovative sourcing techniques and effective brand voice onsocial media platforms. KeyResponsibilities:
- Delivers a diverse candidate slate to each hiring manager according to his/her needs, as well as the needs of the brand as a whole.
- Conduct regular business partner meetings to educate on recruiting best practices, market data, including execution on recruiting processes and tools.
- Responsible for conducting business in a consultative manner through influencing and sharing a point of view and using a creative approach to drive results.
- Collaborates across the Gap Talent Acquisition team to support process improvements and sharing the best practices to meet the local needs of recruiting.
- Helps guide the development of recruiting educational curriculum to support building the Gap Talent Acquisition team’s and Hiring Manager’s capabilities as it relates to talent pipeline.
- Continues to create innovative approaches in attracting talent through new ways of recruiting.
- Lead, manage and mentor junior team members.
- 8+ years of full life-cycle field recruiting experience
- 3+ years’ experience leading other field based recruiters
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced sourcing, exceptionally strong networking skills, candidate research and cold callingexperience
- Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution oriented
- Demonstrated decision making through global thinking by balancing individual responsibility while considering the fields’ needs and goal.
- Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a large, team environment
- Demonstrated confidence in all settings when advising/partnering with business partners
- Proven organization skills with ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.