This position requires an experienced retail trade sales manager with solid business development experience who can develop and execute national sales strategies for a portfolio of branded consumable goods in the dealer channel of trade.
This job is ideally suited for a high energy, resourceful individual who is driven by the challenge of identifying profitable business opportunities and developing creative, actionable plans to address them. This individual should possess business maturity, strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively lead and influence a cross-functional business team.
This position requires a hands-on approach to direct a wide range of responsibilities from building and executing a growth strategy and working effectively with other Pure Fishing functional areas that produce successful Scorecard metrics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Execute Strategy—Develop and execute sales strategies to accomplish business goals for dealer and distributor business.
2. Forecasting--Provide cross-functional leadership with preparation of annual sales forecasts with management and leadership and partner with both the Replenishment team and Supply Chain team to achieve high service level goals.
3. Drive Distribution—Develop impactful promotions, sales programs in partnership with marketing team to drive sales.
4. Pipeline new business—conduct market audits, provide competitive and opportunity assessment and business development direction, including new products to product development teams.
5. Finance—Responsible for achieving dollar volume, profitability, P&L contribution and related financial performance objectives.
6. Responsible for the implementation of PF Customer Policies at assigned accounts.
7. Innovation - Assists with identification of customer-specific improvement opportunities and lead initiative throughout Pure Fishing and then execute accordingly.
8. Leadership—Provide leadership and energy to the sales effort that results in regular, profitable business growth.
9. Reporting—Prepare standard and special sales reports reflecting customer business activities and sales results.
1. Facility with laptop computer and databases
2. Persuasive selling skills
3. Ability to communicate confidently with customer counterparts, orally and written.
4. Thorough understanding of category management selling concepts and tools
5. Proficient in Word, Excel & PowerPoint Programs
Education and Experience:
• Must be open to travel approximately 40-50% (depending on home location)
• Minimum 4 year degree. MBA Preferred
• 8+ years’ experience working in sales within consumer retail industry
• Ability to develop and manage budgets and programs
• Strong negotiation skills and persuasive selling skills
• Superior communication, presentation and people skills
• Strong conflict management/composure skills
• Excellent time management, and people management.
• Computer skills (e.g., Excel/Lotus, Word, etc.)
• Knowledge of accounts, market characteristics, competitive environment, growth opportunities, etc.
• Consumer Products Industry Experience