To provide leadership as well as management and operational oversight to MSLs within his/her region in support of thought leaders, investigators and other healthcare provider-related MSL activities.
- Partners with home office-based therapeutic medical leads to develop short- and long-term plans as well as availability of appropriate MSL resources that support of the safe and appropriate use of Otsuka products and corresponding disease states.
- Spends appropriate time in the field observing MSLs conduct field-based activities and ensure all performance standards and expectations including adherence to Otsuka and regulatory guidelines are being met or exceeded.
- Conducts regular meetings/teleconferences as well as in-person meetings with MSLs to communicate key home office initiatives as well as discuss key issues and challenges that need to be addressed.
- Oversees MSL activities such as review and approval of expense reports, congress attendance and accurate capture and recording of field-based activities within customer engagement tool.
- Ensures scientific and competitive intelligence as well as customer insights gathered during MSL interactions with thought leaders/practioners or during attendance of congresses is appropriately captured and communicated to relevant Medical Affairs and Clinical Development personnel.
- Provides guidance and oversight to MSLs with respect to clinical trial activities supported by OAPI and OPDC to ensure appropriate evaluation of sites, response to investigator queries and timely execution of studies.
- Provides appropriate guidance and oversight to ensure MSLs abide by OAPI/OPDC core behaviors as well as ensure all necessary and required training is conducted within expected timelines.
- Provide appropriate mentoring and coaching to direct reports with respect to technical skills, business practices, communication and team building to foster a collaborative work environment.
- Integrate and develop MSLs, including long-term career and succession planning, to ensure MSLs reach their full potential within their current roles as well as future opportunities within Otsuka
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Biological Sciences
- 6+ years of Medical Science Liaison experience
- Experience working with academic centers of excellence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and people management skills
- Ability to multitask and provide operational oversight and direction
- Ability to comprehend complex scientific, medical and business issues and analytical skills to identify key barriers or success factors
- Experience developing and communicating strategic and tactical plans that support field-based MSL activities
- Pharm D, M.D., D.O., or PhD
- Supervisory and management experience