The Director, Field Marketing focuses on developing marketing programs that drive awareness, demand, and sales through Account Based Marketing, while serving as the liaison between marketing, sales, vendor relations, and our customer ecosystem. Responsible for demand creation, thought leadership and sales enablement program development, this position is the point person for territory sales teams.
Essential Job Duties:
Field Demand Creation
- Develop local marketing plans/programs with sales that increase product/solution/services awareness, demand and sales.
- Drive sustained account based marketing initiatives focused on targeted priority accounts.
- Develop and support customized pipeline acceleration programs.
- Create customized messaging platforms and associated tactics and materials for new and existing opportunities.
- Work closely with regional marketing teams to create programs, generate leads, build brand loyalty and drive sales.
- Attend local trade shows, industry and customer events to market product/solutions/services.
Field Thought Leadership
- Identify field driven trends/themes/needs/concerns to help global/regional marketing efforts align with sales perspective.
- Develop actionable local/industry GTM plans and prioritize investments aligned to business goals and account coverage strategies.
- Champion industry-specific and solution driven customer success stories.
- Support all company initiatives, give actionable feedback, share best practices and serve as advocate and information source for company.
- Drive customer advocacy through local customer round tables, briefings and other customer experiences.
- Provide customer feedback and field input to support the development of an accurate understanding of VOC.
- Report weekly/monthly/quarterly on the status of field marketing activities.
Field Sales Enablement
- Equip sales teams with impactful go-to-market marketing tools, content and assets.
- Support and guide social media and digital efforts of sales teams in the field.
- Educate sales teams on effective implementation of marketing resources.
- Serve as the GTM point persons for territory sales teams.
- Gather and report customer intelligence to sales teams.
- Support and maintain good channel/vendor relations in the field..
- Document and share lead/customer intelligence/market research with sales team.
- Reports to Sr VP, Marketing
- Interfaces with Sales, Solutions, Vendor Management
- Interfaces with World-wide Marketing Team and other Business Leadership as required
- 3-5 years direct experience managing cross-functional team leaders in a marketing or related field
- BA in Marketing or related field of study
- Proven success in collaborating and building relationships across/with-in teams (including peer-to-peer) to achieve desired results
- Strong Strategic planning and program development skills
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills
- Proven conflict resolution capability
- Demonstrated ability to enable, lead, and relate to individuals at all levels of an organization
- Global Marketing management experience is a plus
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for this position.
- Ability to travel 30+% of the time