Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Director, Field Human Resources will be a key player in leading the company’s Human Resources initiatives for Gymboree's field organization. This person will be critical in helping to create and foster a high performance culture that respects the customer, emphasizes results, innovation, service, creativity and quality. The Director of Field Human Resources will work closely with upper management and cross-functional business partners to coach and develop employees in a way that supports the company values and vision and creates unique brand experiences in each of the brands. This role will serve as a thought partner regarding all aspects of people, policy and compliance issues for the VP, Stores and closely support the team of Regional Directors and HR Business Partners in the field.
This role will provide expertise in the areas of organizational development, employee relations, performance management, employee retention, leadership development, change management, benefits, compensation and coaching as it relates to the field organization. The Director, Field HR will contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic plans and will manage field HR programs as appropriate to help drive organizational initiatives. This person will provide guidance on compliance and regulatory changes to reduce legal risk and will recommend improvements to achieve and deliver improved results. They will oversee the performance management process and tools and will support field management in optimizing productivity, performance and engagement throughout the stores.
The Director, Field Human Resources will be responsible for the supervision and development of a remote team of Human Resources Business Partners, including team members in the San Francisco Home Office.
- BA/BS coupled with 10+ years of progressively complex field human resources experience, with 5+ years’ experience in a management level role, preferably in a national retail environment
- Experience supervising Human Resources partners in a dispersed work environment
- Extensive knowledge of state, local and federal laws effecting employment required
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and practices, compensation and benefits, organization change and effectiveness is essential
- Demonstrated success operating at a strategic level along with operational expertise in multiple disciplines is required
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated success in developing strong cross functional business relationships
- Demonstrated experience developing HR policies and process and driving compliance through technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills are essential
- Familiarity with multi-unit, multi-brand store organization is required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Comfort with data analytics; understands how to utilize data to drive performance and achieve objectives
- Occasional overnight travelrequired
- PHR/SPHR highly desired
- Strong aptitude in MS Office with solid foundation in Excel, Powerpoint
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.