Title: Director – Field Construction
Location: Houston, Texas
Employment Type: Full-Time
Education: BS Construction Management or BS Civil Engineering or other engineering discipline
Experience: 1 to 3 as a Construction Manager managing Project Managers. 5+ years of Project/Construction Management experience
Aries Building Systems is a fully integrated commercial space provider specializing in constructing, selling and leasing modular buildings and turnkey solutions. Aries is a Licensed General Contractor in over 24 states and currently has offices throughout the US and Canada. Geographically our offices stretch from New England to Southern California and Michigan to South Texas and Florida. We continue to show year over year growth due to our experienced management team and strong financial backing and are seeking an experienced Director of Field Services/Construction Manager to help support our growing business.
The successful candidate will be a "hands on" construction professional with demonstrated accomplishments in their field.
The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively managing the companies construction process with its contractors, subcontractors and architects. They will be responsible for Direct Report Management of the businesses' Project Managers and Site Superintendents as well as responsibility for managing requests for proposal, change orders , Daily Reports, Project Documentation and submittal logs and RFIs for all active projects. Responsibilities will also include coordinating/managing notices, lien waiver logs, certifiesd payrolls, safety records and other required documentation. This individual will also be expected to provide input into scopes of work with the aim of capitalizing on budget savings and improving project value, and assist in handling building sign-off, post-closing purchaser's complaints from construction activities and any other minor situations that may develop during the development process.
Most importantly the successful candidate must be a Team Builder and skilled communicator with our customers, subcontractors and our own Team Members
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Project Mangers on a daily basis
- Management of subcontractors for production, quality control, adherence to engineering design, safety, schedule performance, inspections, and resolve issues/problems as they arise.
- Perform weekly project reports for use b. Senior Management and perform a weekly project meeting with the President/COO and additional Senior managers as needed.
- Oversee all project documentation.
- Permitting compliance.
- Job site safety along with HSE Manager.
- Review internal daily logs for construction activities and daily project reports .
- Directly Manage site superintendents, project coordinator,and project managers, and assist in their supervision of project subcontractors/vendors, and others.
- Weekly cost projection and reporting.
- Generating subcontractors scopes of work for bid, bid analysis, and contract/purchase order writing.
- Generate subcontracts Schedule of Values and weekly/monthly percent complete reporting for payment and invoicing.
- Review Subcontractor Purchase Orders and Terms
- Create project schedule and updating.
- Creating and updating project budgets.
- Oversee training on Project Management software.
- Manage all aspect of project including being on schedule and on or under budget.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to understand basic revenue models, profit/loss, and cost-to-completion projections
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication
- Experienced in Project Management softwares and related project documentation
- Ability to work independently or on a team at multiple locations with office based in Houston, TX
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, find effective solutions and troubleshoot in a fast-paced environment
- Must have clean driving and criminal records and successfully pass a drug test
Experience and Qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years supervisory management experience in a construction manager position with a BS Construction Management or BS Civil Engineering or other engineering discipline with field experience. (candidates with applicable experience of 10+ years in lieu of BS degree would be considered)
- Management of Projects between $5,000,000.00 and $30,000,000.00+.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel, Word, MS Project, and Outlook, Procore..
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/plans, submittals, and specifications and make recommended design/engineering changes to the design/engineering firm as it pertains to cost and substandard equipment/materials/engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge of OSHA 1926 regulations and construction safety.
- Ability to acquire local/state/federal required permits and construction project documentation and be compliant to required codes.
- Ability to manage multiple project.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to resolve problem/conflict resolutions with subcontractors, vendors, and other agencies.
- Ability to read and interrupt constructionschedules.
- Understand and interpret survey staking and drawings.
- Be extremely ethical
Aries Building Systems is an equal opportunity employer that offers a casual work environment with a competitive salary, 401K, major medical, vacation and sick days.