In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive revenue through account planning, and technical resource planning and allocation. Proactively develop and maintain a team of high-performing FAEs and continually seek innovative methods for improving team performance. Help meet BU bookings and revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day to day account-level activities. Perform as a leader within the sales organization.
You are responsible for
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer accounts and collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Create a territory plan by compiling SE feedback and adding own knowledge of customer demand
- Create a technical resource plan for sales territories
- Collaborate with PLS sales leadership to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends
- Understand mechanisms for building team capacity and improving team performance. Align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer requirements and goals; assign resources appropriately
- Collaborate with product management to develop and deliver customer and internal product training
- Assist in qualified partner identification and education where appropriate
- Travel with sales managers to strategic accounts to understand customer needs and uncover pain points to develop the proper solution to optimize value for both the customer and Mercury
- Monitor and approve requests for customer-focused pre-sales resources
- Assist in determining domain/solution-focused resources and approving requests for these resources
- Work closely with sales operations to create quotes and explain final solution to customer.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforces efforts and progress
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure and backend support during life of the contract.
- Track and report team metrics for a given opportunity
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as needed
- Interact with business unit to provide support for local region
- Lead cross-functional projects within area of responsibility
- Facilitate expert communications and expert understanding of customer requirements between sales and the business.
- Proactively seek feedback on self; recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve
- Advocate for continual improvement in customer experience
- Understand drivers of customer satisfaction and strive to improve customer experiences
- Providing coaching and professional development to team member FAEs to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
You are a part of
The Edge customer facing team responsible for technically shaping opportunities and training others to do so. Teamwork is key to our success and cultural requirement.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Develop deep knowledge of customer requirements and trends of various industries and vertical markets, and how Mercury solutions solve problems
- Establish collaborative relationships built on trust and commitment and develop relationships at multiple levels within customer accounts
- Understand the customer's business model and helps the team identify an architecture and/or solution that provides connected value
- Advanced understanding of IT infrastructure industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Advanced understanding of competitive product and solution landscape and can articulate trade-offs between Mercury and competitor products
- Develop team members capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives
- Drive account and resource planning for sales team and actively collaborate with PLS sales leadership to track plans and course correct as necessary
- Understand basics of managing technical people and the associated process of running a presales technical team
- Understand the value of best practices and apply best practices and other tools to drive business results.
- Communicate a clear vision and strategy that inspires and empowers the team to execute within a common framework
- Able to get things done without direct line authority; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors
- Build the capabilities needed to deliver on the team's short and long term goals, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent from both internal and external candidate pools
- Support team members by providing transparency and information during organizational changes
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including expert executive communication and presentation skills