Director Far East Marketing
It is the primary responsibility of the Director International Marketing to expedite processes, use appropriate judgment and make decisions to execute casino customer requests. All duties are to be performed in accordance with MGM Resorts International Marketing polices practices, and procedures.
- Determine and evaluate customers’ casino activity to provide corresponding incentives and has authorization to approve limited amount of allowance (rooms, food, beverage, events tickets, promo chips, free play, airfare or discounts).
- Maintain and develop property’s customer base to support increasing the customer development efforts.
- Manage customers’ reservations by using VIPR/INTER RIDE, OPERA & PATRON management systems.
- If authorized, grant limited amount of marker authorization limits to qualifying customers.
- Minimum exposure to critical business decisions regarding customer credit lines, allowances, and comps.
- Assist in managing customers to profitable levels.
- Work in conjunction with Casino Marketing, Marketing Executives and property personnel to assist and facilitate in-house casino customers.
- Attend special event functions when appropriate to promote marketing efforts and greet customers.
- May attend quarterly Receivable Meetings to provide updates to the Corporate Finance group.
- Maintain highly confidential casino customer information by enforcing the privacy of all guests and limits requests for information about such guests in accordance with company policies.
- Resolve customer disputes and complaints to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
- Comply with local laws, Title 31 and attend all mandatory compliance and training sessions.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of leadership experience in the casino marketing industry.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the language:
- Far East Marketing – Mandarin and/or Cantonese etc.
- Japan Marketing – Japanese
- Latin America Marketing – Spanish and/or Portuguese etc.
- Korea Marketing – Korean
- India Marketing – Gujarati, Urdu and/or Hindi etc.
- Europe/Middle East Marketing – French, Italian, Arabic, Farsi, German, and/or Turkish etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.