Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol andchemical dependency treatment center as well as manyothers. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for2013 and continue our path of excellence inhealthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great centrallocation to meet all your family's needs. Director of Family Birth Place Unit:Ogden Regional Medical Center Under the direction of the CNO, the Nursing Director isresponsible for the provision of 24 hourpatient care services on assigned unit.Establishes operational systems to support the provision of qualitypatient care, including the management of personnel, maintenance of unitenvironment, equipment and supplies, and a climate for effective functioning of thehealthcare team.Provides unit direction to support hospital’s missionand goals. Demonstrate the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs; possesses knowledge of growth and development,and has an understanding of the range of treatment needed for these patient groups.Must have a working knowledge ofscheduling,staffing,inventory control andbudget. Isresponsible for the supervision of performance improvement within the department Is expected to function with initiative and utilize independent judgment. Must be able to communicate effectively and execute actions which assure qualitypatient care. Must practice and role model teamwork skills in working with all members of thehealthcare team. Works withother departments to collaborate and coordinatepatient care activities which promote performance improvement and growth of services.
- Accountable for adhering to ORMC mission, providing excellence in health care delivery, supporting dignity of all persons and responsible stewardship of resources. Ethics and compliance program, JCAHO Standards and HIPAA Standards.
- Ensures department services are in accordance with established safety standards.
- Maintains current and comprehensive policies and procedures, ensuring adequate, continuous and quality department operation.
- Responds effectively to anticipate or potential problems to assure fulfillment of hospital patient careresponsibilities and continuance of strong market position.
- Directs department administration, preparation of reports, statistics, surveys and other data required to administratively document department activities and problems.
- Interviews, hires, supervises, promotes, demotes and terminates radiologic technical, clerical and/or other employees of the department after consultation with Human Resource Director.
- Administers and prepares the operational and capital budget for the department; develops long range strategic planning for the department, equipment and personnel.
- Follows guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors and co-workers and if classified as a category I or II employee under OSHA regulations, adheres to OSHA standards by wearing personal protective equipment, following universal precautions and being knowledgeable about blood born pathogens. Ensures Radiation Safety is practiced by all employees.
- PLUS productivity system is adhered to in order to consistently meet or exceeds bi-weekly pay period standards.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN (or track to completion) required.
- Current RN license in the state of Utah or Registered Nurse compact license from participating compact states.
- Minimum of five years (5) years in OB(Labor/Delivery /Nursery). Previous manager or director experiencerequired.
- Current BLS/ACLS certification preferred
- Current certification as a BLS, NALS and STABLE Healthcare Provider. Fetal Heart Monitoring Labor nurse within six months of hire.
Job Code: 06030-40316