The Director of Facility Operations provides leadership, direction, and management for all back-of-house operations as it relates to facility services, housekeeping, engineering, and loading dock operations during event and non-event times, for Las Vegas Arena and Toshiba Plaza. The Director of Facility Operations ensures all activities performed within the reporting departments are in accordance with the company’s business objectives, budget guidelines, mission statement, and core service standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, department operations, and operating strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for the company.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development, execution and measurement of guest service standards within arena and plaza operations to include to include the management of all technical trade classifications (Engineers, Electricians, Carpenters, Painters, Laborers, Maintenance Warehouse, Gardeners, Drivers, Facilities Safety Systems Operators, etc.) consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures for operational functions of the facility, including engineering, maintenance, housekeeping, and loading dock logistics, with a specific focus on the efficiency and safety of operations.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility to ensure event requirements for sports, entertainment, and third-party events are fulfilled.
- Directs and manages third party and in-house cleaning personnel for general office space /common area cleaning and event specific cleaning.
- Directs the CIMCO Ice Operational plant and NHL in-game ice operations and environmental controls to ensure arena maintains standards set forth by NHL and other entities.
- Conducts ongoing reviews of operation budgeting and staffing plans; recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating arena personnel and service providers.
- Manages third party service providers by enforcing the agreed upon scope of services within the various signed service agreements (i.e. Engineering, elevators/escalator, housekeeping etc.).
- Creates and implements purchasing and inventory control systems as it relates to consumable items, tools and equipment. Control of shipping / receiving into and out of facility.
- Establishes accountability processes and ensures compliance with the company's status quo third party representation philosophy, company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Ensures the physical plant meets all city/state/federal codes and safety standards.
- Provides management guidance and technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with maintenance, facilities and landscaping issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 7 years of previous experience in facilities/engineering management at a sports/entertainment venue.
- Previous experience in working with Commercial Ammonia based refrigeration system.
- Previous experience with design and construction of changes to the physical plant.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous senior management level position with strong facilities and maintenance background within an arena facility operation.
- Previous experience working in a similar hotel/entertainment resort complex setting.