JOB SUMMARY: Oversees and manages the Architectural and Engineering design and construction administration effort for all attractions within a project. Also manages the resources, finances, and schedule of that scope.
- Lead the architectural design of new projects from Blue Sky through Construction Documents. Working closely with the Creative Studio and A&E consultants, lead the facility design effort to ensure creative and technical delivery, operational functionality, and cost effectiveness
- Manages the other facility design managers on the team to ensure all of the facilities are being designed to meet all of the project requirements (aesthetics, technical, budget, schedule and competencies).
- Manages the Architecture and Engineering team, including A&E consultant, during the design and construction phases of the project
- Develops the design strategy to achieve quality deliverables within the schedule and on the budget
- Evaluates requirements for outside design resources, including: preparing requests for proposals, negotiating contracts, and managing the design process. Forecasts resource requirements for each phase of the contract, and develop a corresponding budget. Tracks Architecture and Engineering team expenditures. Prepares weekly progress reports on the status of the project and other outside Architecture and Engineering design efforts
- Monitors construction in the field including identifying and resolving discrepancies between construction and drawings and/or design intent.
- Prepares the Architecture and Engineering schedule for facility design.
SCOPE: Oversees and manages the Architectural and Engineering design and construction administration effort for all attractions within a project. Also manages the resources, finances, and schedule of that scope.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree is required in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field. Master’s degree in Engineering or Architecture is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10-15 Years required Turn-key projects experience, specifically within the entertainment/theme park industry. Preferred supervisory and contract/vendor management experience. 15-20 Years required relevant design and construction/project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.