GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is actively recruiting for a Director, Facility Audit. This is a full-time position and is anticipated to commence as soon as qualified applicants are identified. The Director, Facility Audit role is a remote position with domestic and international travel, reporting to our EVP, Provider and Payer Solutions. The Director, Facility Audit oversees the onsite and remote processes and functions to facilitate high quality, cost effective delivery of audit services to the client.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the interviewing, hiring, training and education of the HIM QA and Audit staff
- Lead all HIM Audits including audit implementation, monitoring production of staff and client reporting
- Managing QA staff across all clientele ensuring the highest quality production and audit timelines are met consistently
- Collaborate with Sales team during proposal and contracting process, manage client relationships and drive new revenue opportunities
- Act as subject matter expert for the software team to develop audit tools and auditing processes for propriety software along with overseeing user acceptance testing
- Assist in development of departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
- Work on multiple client platforms including encoders and Electronic Health Records and experience managing multiple sites or health systems
- Revise and updateaudit policies and procedures in collaboration with the EVP, Provider and Payer Solutions
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality and follows state, federal and hospital guidelines for the release of information.
- Support company Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- AHIMA Credential Required: RHIT, RHIA or CCS
- 5+ Years of Auditexperience in an acute care facility and/or an audit vendor
- Multiple EHR systems experience Required: EPIC, Meditech and HPF preferred
- 3M Encoder Experience Required
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well as intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite; Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize work to meet the needs of the client and assure performance of the audit team
- Experience managing a sizeable audit staff domestically; global experiencepreferred
- Inpatient and Outpatient SDS auditexperience within an acute care setting required
- Extensive knowledge of HIM functions and processesrequired