HCA Far West
As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth.
Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care.
Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high quality, advanced healthcare services. Sunrise Hospital is the largest acute care facility in Nevada. Sharing the same campus as Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Nevada’s largest most comprehensive children’s hospital.
Directs the operations of the Engineering Department and future planning of the healthcare facility; and establishes procedures for maintenance, repair and/or replacement of the healthcare facility, grounds and systems equipment. Provides management and overview of the facility’s fire, equipment management, and life safety programs in order to ensure regulatory compliance.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer at Sunrise Hospital. Reporting to this position are Senior Lead Engineer, Maintenance Engineers, Clinical Engineering Supervisor, and Administrative Secretary Confidential.
• Directs and inspects facilities for regulatory compliance.
• Assesses and monitors facility repairs to ensure cost effectiveness; establishes criteria for repair
• Maintains department repair and capital improvement budgets; ensures compliance with budgetary constraints; and forecasts and plans facility improvements.
• Plans, develops and prioritizes projects and; ensures that materials are
ordered, projects are designed and planned, and monies are available.
• Plans work/staff schedules; evaluates and monitors projects with regard to progress and costs.
• Coordinates and monitors status of work orders.
• Maintains current knowledge in the field of facilities management/maintenance;
establishes, implements and updates facility related policies and procedures; complies
with federal, state and local laws and regulations; follows all safety precautions.
• Ensures compliance with applicable building and life safety codes, hazardous waste disposal,
OSHA, hazardous materials, etc.
• Monitors emergencies, including equipment breakdowns, malfunctions and alarm calls.
• Acts as the hospital liaison to the contracted biomedical engineering provider.
• Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the campus fire alarm systems and fire
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; five years of
related experience including two years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
• Knowledge of all phases of physical plant operation, maintenance and repair, planning,
scheduling, management and administration of the plant; federal, state, and local regulation
safety practices; record keeping and report writing experience.
• Technical knowledge and skills in working with air-conditioning and heating systems.
• Knowledge and experience with state and local safety, fire, and construction; an understanding of blueprints and building codes; experience developing cost estimates and budgets.
• Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing interpersonal skills to maintain effective
relationships with other hospital staff, administration and the public.
• Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in presenting ideas and concepts both in verbal
and written form.
• Skill in areas of budgeting and financial administration.
• General management and organizational skills necessary to administer large and diverse
• Flexibility and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously are required.
• Computer literate in Windows environment.
• Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.
Job Code: 01541-16535