As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
This positon’s primary function is to create and manage all facilities that are part of Nemours/AIDHC (DV). This position is toprovide leadership in constructing and ensuring a safe and secure environment for Associates, patients and visitors.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for capital budget equipment purchased and installed at Nemours/AIDHC (DV).
- Organizes and directs the proper preventive and corrective maintenance of all building structures, electrical, mechanical, and emergency systems in hospital facilities through the effective and efficient use of labor and materials.
- Maintains a Utility Management Program as required by The Joint Commission & CMS for hospital equipment.
- Maintains contact with directors, administrators, supervisors, architects, engineers, and other staff personnel to facilitate the timely accomplishment of all projects and assignments.
- Performs duties, as necessary, as a member of the Hospital Infection Prevention and Control Committee, Environment of Care Committee, Emergency Management Committee, Chairperson of Utility Systems Environment of Care Committee and Chairperson of the Fire Prevention Management Program Committee.
- Formulates and Manages, and is responsible for the Hospital Facility budget in excess of $16,000,000 annually.
- Participates in master planning, design, construction, facility operational management and development, and implementation of facility standards.
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining relationships with higher management, peers and subordinates and skilled in resolving conflicts and gaining cooperation with others.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, administering, coordinating, reviewing, evaluating and personally participating effectively in the management of facilities. Skilled in developing and directing the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, management systems, work standards and program evaluation.
- Skilled in effectively and professionally representing the department in a positive manner. Skilled in working in and creating a team atmosphere.
- Must have knowledge of various codes, procedures, etc., that apply to hospitals such as NFPA 99, JC, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and skills in motivation of employees for peak performance and creative thinking regarding departmental operations.
5-6 years of job related work experience
Valid Drivers License