Leads an engaged management team aligned to a vision for StoreCare, while supporting Company goals by strategically directing StoreCare objectives. Accountable for managing personnel and programs to achieve the efficient operation of facilities management services by aligning budgets and service-level expectations. Collaborates among StoreCare and the Property Division leadership, as well as among internal and external stakeholders, to deliver a value proposition to the Company by ensuring that a team delivers quality facilities management services while adhering to budget guidelines. The Director of StoreCare will oversee the development and governance process for budgets, as well as lead a highly engaged team that delivers daily facilities management services.
- Leads an engaged management team that oversees the delivery of StoreCare (facilities management) services to ensure business continuity, brand integrity, and financial governance.
- Responsible for overseeing a management team that delivers thousands of StoreCare services on a daily basis, while adhering to an annual budget and ensuring vendor accountability.
- Directs team member annual goals to align with Company strategies and objectives, while maintaining a highly engaged team to attract best-in-class talent.
- Collaborates among internal leaders and external stakeholders to ensure alignment for StoreCare services.
- Oversees the development and implementation of value creation and continuous improvement strategies to ensure a value proposition for StoreCare services, as well as industry-leading innovative programs and processes.
- Communicates with credibility among Company leadership all StoreCare performance measurements, program activity, budget/financial reports, and strategic plans to leadership and stakeholders in a frequent and timely manner.
- Manages a team of individuals responsible for StoreCare programs and services. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience facilities/asset management OR High School Diploma/GED and 13 years of experience in facilities/asset management.
- At least 3 years of experience leading strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budgets.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience developing relationships at a leadership level within the organization, as well as with business partners and professional trade organizations.
- Experience influencing the performance of groups, subordinates, and peers.
- Experience interpreting reports in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience ensuring timely response to inquiries and/or complaints.
- Experience with program management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or Master’s Degree.
- Experience with facilities management services and programs, such as lighting & electrical, signage, floor care, landscaping & snow removal, pest control, interior cleaning, exterior building & property care, elevators, escalators, HVAC, refrigeration, warranties, inspections, and code compliance.
- Experience working with financial and accounting principles.
- Experience managing contracts, compliance, warranties, and/or vendor relationships.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience or certifications.