Provides overall direction, coordination and supervision for organizing, planning, scheduling and implementing activities for facilities engineering operations; implements programs that efficiently utilize both human and material resources to provide the highest level of support while minimizing both internal and external costs; ensures maintenance and operation of the facilities, building systems and grounds.
- Implements and sustains a management program that continuously evaluates department quality, productivity, and financials. Manages expenses to budget. (30%)
- Supervises staff, evaluates work, and recommends and implements approved disciplinary action. (15%)
- Sets priorities in assignments, including training; ensures scheduling of plant operations staff 24 hours per day, 365 days per year to ensure proper operation of the facilities and grounds. (15%)
- Coordinates and directs the complete operation of all plant electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems in accordance with Joint Commission/Department of Health standards, hospital requirements and other governing agency codes. (15%)
- Collaborates with project management team to propose, evaluate and plan new construction projects; continually monitors construction projects for cost effectiveness, applicable legal compliance to codes and timeliness. (15%)
- Directs and coordinates departmental efforts during emergency related situations as outlined by the internal and external disaster plans. Directs the scheduled testing of the hospital's emergency systems in accordance with regulatory agency and Joint Commission standards. (5%)
- Coordinates all utility interruptions to have minimal impact and effect on the hospital's operations. (5%)
- 5 years' facilities management experience. 3 years' supervisory experience.
- Experience in effectively and efficiently solving problems in pressure situations; strong interpersonal skills.
- Current PA driver's license.
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering field.
- Experience in a healthcare facility.