Director Facilities Maintenance, Reliability & Engineering
The North American Maintenance, Reliability & Engineering Executive will help define the long term facilities scaling strategy of NA Operations organization in driving reliability and uptime across the organization. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the facilities team to world class levels of safety, uptime, and reliability. This is a unique opportunity to drive standardization and efficiency to a system that will expand to become the largest fulfillment networks in the country.
Key Strategic Objectives
• Lead facilities to world class safety performance
• Drive world class preventative maintenance programs to maximize equipment uptime
• Develop and maintain SME level knowledge for technology trends, safety and maintenance practices.
• Lead a predictive maintenance (reliability) program to maximize equipment uptime
• Drive the adoption of Lean in facilities practices
• Develop a TPM program for facilities
• Develop clear business driven metrics to track facilities performance
• Drive consistency of process, training, and reporting across functional teams.
• Develop world class training program for facilities technicians.
• Provide leadership, mentor and manage field-based Facilities Mangers in the expansion and continuous improvement
• Recruit, interview, and hire bar raising talent in the Facilities Maintenance and Facilities Area Manager roles.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
· Has held executive role(s) in large firms and also been an entrepreneur
· Has lead teams of at least 100 people and scaled teams 25%-30% per year
· Has managed a P&L of $500MM or more and lead multiple line and staff functions both on the revenue generating and cost sides
· Robotics/automation experience is strongly preferred.
· 10+ years of experience managing groups that provide diverse facilities/engineeringsupport.
· Multi-site experience is critical.
· Leadership, people-management skills, positive attitude, bias for action, ability to motivate others, attention to detail, patience, customer service orientation, willingness to help others, and flexibility.
· Must have the ability to work independently to develop and lead a team to deliver.
· Strong change management and influencing skills, ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
· Dynamic approach with the ability to translate theory into practical application