Job ID 567897BR
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Security Operations, the Director, Executive Protection serves as the principle expert, advisor and strategist for the Walt Disney Company’s Executive Protection Program. Acting as the primary advisor in protection matters to the Company’s Global Security Leadership, Senior Executive Leadership, Vice-President, Office of the Chairman/CEO and the Chairman/CEO and family. The Director establishes overall vision, develops and executes a comprehensive Executive Protection program.
This role demands interpersonal insight and awareness, a high degree of sound business acumen, independent judgment, technical expertise and functional mastery in order to anticipate and overcome problematic scenarios and issues. This is a highly visible role and it is critical that those skills are discreetly executed to ensure the seamless delivery of protection services for the Chairman/CEO. Additionally, given the close proximity to the Company’s Senior Executive Leadership, a high degree of professionalism, integrity and trust must be established and unfailingly demonstrated to maintain trust and confidence.
- Provides assessments and recommendations to the VP of Global Security Operations, Chief Security Officer, company’s General Counsel, on some of the most sensitive security matters in the company.
- Responsible for coordination and resolution of highly sensitive legal/contractual matters related to the security of the Chairman/CEO and family.
- Plans and directs close protection requirements and travels with the Chairman/CEO to high profile meetings/events both domestically and internationally.
- Serves as the liaison to the Chairman/CEO and key executives for high risk visibility travel and events.
- Directs coordination for all intelligence gathering requirements with both internal and
- external resources to conduct threat and risk analysis relating to designated company activities.
- Drives security plans and operational logistics in collaboration with regional security leadership on key executive domestic and international activities.
- Directs and conducts advance assessments to event sites, partnering with intelligence gathering sources and coordination with local, state, federal and international agencies.
- Directs Global Security investigative and regional security management teams on identified executive security issues.
- Directs Executive Protection team in developing, coordinating and implementing all close protection security initiatives, strategy and processes.
- Advises Global Security Leadership and other key company stakeholders and directs a strong analytical approach in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining close protection security strategies.
- Manages ongoing program excellence, rigorous assessment program evaluation, and consistent quality of budget oversight, recommending timelines and resources needed to achieve vision and strategic objectives.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective and strategic relationships with external partners, municipal, state, federal and international law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
- Establishes key performance metrics/goals and appropriate corporate administrative and business unit functions.
- Ten or more years of experience of increasing responsibility within security, Intelligence and/or law enforcement field including 5 years of experience leading a comparable sized organization and staff at a rapid growth multi-national corporation.
- Must be a strategic thinker and operator capable of monitoring and commenting on international matters. Must have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization as well as externally to providers and partners.
- Should display a pragmatic, consultative approach combined with expertise in world-class security practices. Must have demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Must be able to establish credibility as a Business Partner respected by client-base with proven ability to gain “buy-in” from teams.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills to provide direction to management and professional staff within organization.
- Ability to develop consensus within an organization climate of diverse operational activities, cultures and geographic locations.
- Ability to anticipate, influence and assist Global Security leadership and key Company stakeholders to assess and rapidly adjust to changing conditions and trends.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability to identify and assess exposure to loss, and to examine alternative risk control techniques.
- Minimum of ten years in security, Intelligence, or law enforcement with five years of Executive Protection or Dignitary Protection (EP/DP) leadership role.
- Protective security training and experiencepreferred.
- Experience in international travel
- Entertainment industry experiencepreferred.
- Expert knowledge of specific requirements imposed by foreign government agencies preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional – C.P.P. preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or at least 10 – 15 years of experience in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization.
- Advanced degree or equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or at least 10 – 15 years of experience in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization.