Duties & accountabilities
- Development of new benchmark and tradable bond indices in conjunction with key index stakeholders.
- Undertake analysis of markets and data collection, researching and developing new index methodologies.
- Extensive modelling of index methodologies in order to produce index constituent list and weights, and to back-test results.
- Attend client meetings and conference calls with salespeople to present the current thoughts and ideas of Markit Indices and to understand and manage client requirements.
- Able to deliver complex projects involving sales, product specialist and implementation teams.
- Write index specification and monthly research report around existing Markit Indices.
- Develop calculation prototypes and test cases for new indices; perform test calculations and reconciliation of the results with clients.
Project management: being able to deliver complex projects involving sales, product specialist and implementation teams.