Leads and oversees Executive Compensation Policy and Design globally ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads the development of executive compensation strategies and programs and Bank-wide plans including the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) and deferred compensation plans. Prepares materials for the Human Resources Committee (HRC) / Board of Directors.
- Oversees year-end executive compensation planning, including overall management of the process and development of year-end communications. Leads the preparation of executive AIP and global equity forecasts.
- Manages relationships with HR Business Partners and provides ongoing analysis and guidance in all areas of executive compensation. Acts as an advisor in the preparation of executive compensation packages and negotiations.
- Oversees research on market executive compensation levels, practices and trends to inform recommendations on base pay and incentives, and compensation program design.
- Leads the development of the annual Management Proxy Circular (Compensation Discussion & Analysis report), including overseeing the writing and review process, approving tabular data, collaborating with Internal Audit, Corporate Secretary’s and other internal Scotiabank departments. May participate in the preparation of material in support of shareholder outreach initiatives and for the Bank’s Annual General Meeting.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in executive compensation policy, design and governance, and related legal, securities and tax considerations
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., array formulas)
- Financial institution experience an asset
- Recognized HR or compensation designations an asset (e.g., GRP, CCP, CHRP, CHRL)
- Regular interactions with HR business partners, executives, Legal, HR services, other HR COEs