The Director, Executive Communications will design and execute highly impactful communications programs for our senior leaders. This individual will be responsible for a corporate speakers’ bureau, development of keynote presentations, blogs/bylines and other social engagement for the company’s C-level executives. He/she will lead and participate on cross-functional teams to plan, coordinate and deliver thought leadership campaigns in partnership with peers inside and outside Corporate Marketing. This individual will serve as a strategic communications advisor and must have a strong executive presence and consultative approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare tailored executive communications platforms for each of our senior executives; develop speeches, blogs/bylines, videos, keynote presentations and related communications.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing & Communications to ensure executive messaging is clear and concise, on-brand and aligned with company goals.
- Own outreach/placement of speakers at targeted events globally; coordinate our presence with event organizers, global agency teams and Western Digital in-region partners.
- Cultivate relationships with key technology, business and financialreporters, and other key influencers.
- Provide strategic communications support and training to C-level leaders.
- Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions.
- Manage agency relationships to ensure highest level of performance and results.
- Monitor and evaluate communications effectiveness, utilizing advanced metrics and reporting, and adjust strategy and approach as needed.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field of study. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 15+ years related professional experience (e.g. PR/IR, public policy, issues management) and a demonstrated record of success in a similar role at a multibillion dollar company.
- Outstanding media relations skills and existing relationships with top-tier technology, business and financialreporters.
- Proven ability to proactively build relationships with top-tier technology, business and financialreporters.
- Outstanding judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at using social channels and other new media technologies to drive awareness and preference for the Western Digital brand.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with and advise the company’s senior leadership team and staff.
- Strong operational and budgetary skills and expertise.
- Team player with excellent listening skills and diplomacy.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.