Contributes to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank’s Commercial Credit portfolio by performing financial solutions-related activities for clients including risk analysis, deal structuring, pricing, negotiation and presentation on highly complex deals, across the National Accounts segment in a defined market area, in Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Contributes to the profitable development of the Commercial Credit business by:
- Ensuring the timely analysis, structure and presentation of credit / financial solutions/proposals within the defined market area;
- Providing prompt and sound recommendations in the analysis and adjudication of credit proposals;
- Ensuring that writings to the Directors, National Accounts (Relationship Managers) clearly convey the rationale for decisions, so that they may respond effectively to clients;
- Approving or recommending pricing for loans and credit-related fees which yield a return commensurate with risk and due regard to profit, administration and competitive considerations;
- Recommending alternative terms, conditions and covenants to provide a viable banking proposal to the client within sound credit lending practices;
- Restructuring marginal proposals into bankable deals where possible;
- Providing guidance, coaching and counsel to Directors, National Accounts, so that they may better serve clients’ needs.
- Ensures the accurate communication of the terms and conditions of an authorization and supervises the effective and timely implementation of same by:
- Writing or reviewing all written authorizations to ensure accuracy, completeness and clarity;
- Ensuring prompt follow-up for acceptance of the authorization and reacting swiftly to any problems, amendments, extensions, reporting to senior management where necessary;
- Promptly and effectively addressing issues surrounding the adequacy, quality and completeness of loan documentation and security;
- Liaising to ensure any required changes to the Directors, National Accounts and follow-up for the accurate execution and delivery of same prior to disbursement of funds.
- Ensure the ongoing quality of the assigned creditportfolio through control and administration of the specific conditions andreporting requirements, as specified in individual authorizations are adhered to by:
- Directing and assisting Senior Client Solutions Analysts in the detailed evaluation of all information received, reporting deficiencies or any negative findings to senior management;
- Advising senior management of any credit weaknesses developing within individual accounts, by ongoing awareness and analysis of relevant financial, legal, political, technological, and industry information.
- Adhere to any regulatory and internal Bank policies and requirements;
- Provide coaching/counselling to Senior Client Solutions Analysts by:
- Developing the credit competencies of Senior Client Solutions Analysts in relation to assigned accounts;
- Providing timely performance feedback on credit analysis presented for review.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
- In-depth knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies, practices and procedures, as well as an awareness of business trends economic, technological, social, legal and political conditions and factors which could affect the viability of a credit.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of financial statements and accounting principles and policies is a must
- Good understanding of the syndications and capital markets.
- Because of large volumes and tight time frames, must possess effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- In the administration of credit, complex loan documentation and security provision requirements must be understood and applied. (Loan agreements frequently extend to 100 pages or more).
- Must be a highly organized, analytical and logical person.
- Excellent credit skills and significant credit experience
- Excellent risk assessment and analysis skills
- Excellent accounting and financial analysis skills
- Excellent deal structuring skills
- Excellent coaching skills
- Good understanding of customer profitability model
- Ability to build solid business case justification for deals
- Superior negotiation skills
- Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Superior sales/closing capabilities
- Superior product knowledge
- Good industry knowledge with areas of specialization where required
- An undergraduatedegree in business or economics (or work equivalency) is a requirement. Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
Requisition ID: 20838