Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS.
At the direction of the Facilities Director, the Mechanical Maintenance Manager will be responsible for providing an array of mechanical related services and supporting the development and implementation of mechanical infrastructure improvement programs. They are to supervise and manage the performance of the maintenance employees, and also manage the client's expectations.
- Ensures the operation and maintenance of all campus mechanical repairs.
- Schedules and directs all routine and emergency repairs, plus performs preventive maintenance for associated equipment.
- Complies with electrical and building codes by adhering to requirements; advising Facilities Director on needed actions.
- Maintains supplies inventory
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains maintenance staff schedules and responsibilities.
- Ensures federal, state, and local laws and codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in assigned areas.
- Performs purchasing and reporting duties
- Participates in the development of short-term and long-term departmental goals and objectives.
- Advises the Facilities Director with developing, and implementing new policies or revisions to existing policies.
- Bachelor's degree or work experience equivalent required. BSME/BSEE/BSEM preferred.
- Certifications in any of the following are highly preferred: electrical, HVAC or plumbing.
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of central heating, cooling, and combined heat and power (CHP) plants and HVAC systems and their optimization.
- Minimum of five years of experience with progressive levels of responsibility in the performance of detailed energy audits, and project management services, including scope development and analysis reporting.
- Experience in educational institution highly preferred.
- Leader who is visionary with strong management, planning and communications skills.
- Must have the ability to see and understand the inter-connections between various operating units.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with a quality attitude.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Valid driver's license required.