The Director, Canada Events, will be responsible for all phases of the event plan, including but not limited to planning, sales, marketing, audience development, content, client services and event delivery.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Toronto, Canada.
(In-office presence is voluntary until at least January 2022.)
- Evaluates each Summit event to ensure business success and relevance to the Canadian market.
- Project manages each event and ensures KPIs for attendee and sponsor satisfaction and attendance are achieved.
- Manages P&L and all expenses; ensures that event and departments are operating within budgets.
- Serves as the liaison between IDC Canada and IDG’s US Events team.
- Assembles creative and innovative event agendas, engaging with IDC analysts where appropriate.
- Works with Canadian Event staff to recruit market-leading IT executives to complement analysts on the agendas.
- Manages each speaker from onboarding through recording/live appearance at event.
- Leads event team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Coaches and counsels employees to communicate company service standards and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience (BA in Marketing preferred)
- 8+ years’ experience in co-ordinating or managing events
- Canadian network within events space
- Experience in creating and executing an annual plan with P&L
- Ability to think strategically yet have strong attention to detail
- Marketing and promotional skills
- Problem solving, time management, financial management skills
- An out-going, people-oriented personality
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with a sense of humor
- Knowledge of the IT industry an asset