Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.The Director of EventSecurity is responsible for strategic leadership of the Company’s eventsecurity program with a focus on designing and executing plans that ensure the safety & security of our events while aligning with the overall goals of our business partners. This is a service-oriented role and the successful candidate will need to build and maintain key partnerships with multiple business units across the company.
About the Position:
The Director of EventSecurity is responsible for strategic leadership of the Company’s eventsecurity program with a focus on designing and executing plans that ensure the safety & security of our events while aligning with the overall goals of our business partners. This is a service-oriented role and the successful candidate will need to build and maintain key partnerships with multiple business units across the company.
Design, implement and provide ongoing management to a scalable security program that supports the following events:
The largest software conference in the world, Dreamforce brings together over 170,000 registered attendees and presents significant challenges to our security team. The event includes multiple downtown street closures, more than 15 venues, a music festival and several ancillary events. The Director of EventSecurity will serve as our overall lead for this event collaborating with third party security vendors, event production companies, local and federal law enforcement as well as multiple city agencies to design and execute our plans.
- Public-Facing Roadshow Events
SalesforceMarketingevents focusing on our top cities globally and designed to bring our products to current and potential customers. These events can range from 10k people in a convention center to a few hundred in a hotel ballroom.
- Internal Events
Events where the primary audience is employees and the primary focus is on the safety of our attendees and protection of proprietary information. These events include executive off sites, incentive trips, holiday parties, annual fiscal year kickoffs, team offsites and celebrations.
- Sponsorship Events
Third-party and industry events where the Company is participating as a sponsor and hosting smaller gatherings within the larger events. These events include music festivals, sporting events and the World Economic Forum.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide expert leadership, strategic guidance, and operational management to the organization’s eventsecurity team.
- Maintain and drive adoption of eventsecurity standards and best practices for all events.
- Design, implement and maintain compliance with SLA’s and KPI’s that ensure the program, team members and third-party vendors are meeting the needs of the Company and our business partners.
- Maintain a comprehensive document library to track eventsecurity planning efforts, incident management, and after-action reporting.
- Identify, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external business partners to ensure success of the eventsecurity program.
- Provide expert leadership to security related incidents at events that may impact the people, brand and property of the Company
- As a member of the Corporate Security & Safety leadership team, express a desire and curiosity to engage in areas outside of eventsecurity to collaborate with team members on other programs.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years progressive experience in private sector eventsecurity (may substitute some law enforcement or military experience).
- Prior leadership experience overseeing eventsecurity operations in a corporate environment with a broad knowledge of security matters and legal principles.
- Previous experience in a leadership role managing security operations in a stadium or large public venues preferred.
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with subject matter experts on cross-functional teams, balancing disparate priorities, and rapid problem solving in high-stress situations.
- An executive presence with exceptional written and oral communication skills. Effective at building trust through relationships and the ability to deal direct with every level of Company management
- Ability to create and deliver professional presentations using Google Slides.
- Ability to think strategically as it pertains to global program development and execution, but willing to step in and perform tactical duties as required to accomplish a common goal.
- Diplomacy in dealing with company personnel, sometimes in sensitive situations.
- Experience in driving innovation and creativity into strategic planning with a focus on programs that provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Willingness to travel globally up to 40% of the time as needed.