The Director, Ethics & Compliance Investigations will be responsible for conducting internal compliance investigations globally, and ensuring that ethics and compliance concerns raised by employees, business partners and other third-parties anywhere in the world are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately redressed. The Director, Ethics & Compliance Investigations will report to the Vice President, Compliance & Chief Risk Officer.
This position will be responsible for conducting, overseeing and reporting the results of the internal compliance investigations throughout the business. This will include reporting and advising on appropriate remedial action to be taken, if any, as a result of the outcome of an investigation. In addition, the Director, Ethics & Compliance Investigations will be responsible for analyzing investigation trends and advising the Company on emerging risks, as well as delivering and supporting ethics and compliance training.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Investigation a wide variety of ethics and compliance concerns raised – including foreign corruption, conflicts of interest, trade compliance, as well as certain harassment, discrimination and retaliation complaints.
- Manage investigations end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, drafting reports and debrief meetings.
- Remain respectful and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation.
- Help to develop long-term solutions for systemic issues
- Work with Learning and Development to develop and deliver compliance and other training programs designed to proactively address compliance issues.
- Supporting training and communication initiatives related to ethics and compliance, including giving in-person training on certain compliance topics.
- Coordinating cross-functional “root cause” committee meetings to discuss lessons learned from investigations and how to enhance processes.
- Analyzing ethics and compliance complaints to determine trends and areas of compliance risk.
- Providing periodic updates concerning ethics and compliance concerns.
- Where appropriate, lead our external engagement with law enforcement authorities and regulators relating to investigations and compliance matters.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in compliance and/or compliance investigations.
- Substantial experience in conducting or overseeing investigations is required.
- Experience in an in-house investigations role is highly desirable.
- Experience investigating a breadth of compliance matters (anti-bribery, trade compliance, conflicts of interest +).
- Trade compliance, sanctions expertise and experience.
- Experience investigating employment matters a plus.
- Experience in global investigations a plus.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, in addition to a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to deliver crisp, clear and concise executive presentations; professional presence and ability to interact effectively with executive management.
- Capable of inspiring trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the Company.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, and focusing on critical priorities with little or no supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment; sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences.
- Regular and sometimes unpredictable travel
- Relationship management experience in a cross-functional environment across global teams