In this position, you will manage the ERM independent actuarial challenge function. The scope of the function is review and challenge of actuarial work products produced by AIG’s PortfolioActuarial and Finance Actuarial departments. PortfolioActuarial work products including pricing models and profitability studies, while Finance Actuarial work products include AIG's vast reserves. AIG’s pricing and reserving involve a large array of insurance products in many lines of business in many countries around the world.
- Manage staff in preparing reviews of pricing models and reserve studies for selected business segments, with a with the goal of recommending methodology improvements -- both conventional and cutting-edge methodologies will be examined and tested.
- Responsible for preparing written reports.
- Conduct model/methodology development projects to improve AIG’s actuarial practice.
- Participate in important meetings with members of management.
- FCAS. Advanced degree (PhD) with appropriate experience may be considered.
- 15+ years experience including significant pricing experience - excess pricing and/or predictive modeling. Reserving experience is a plus. Individual must possess deep actuarial insight, especially in difficult long tail and/or excess business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - position will require the individual to exhibit poise, tact and judgment in challenging circumstances.
- Excellent technical and subject matter expertise.
- Strong Excel is essential; other programming and statistical modeling is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, find solutions to difficult problems.