THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
Director Equipment, Development and Indirect Purchasing
Papa John's is seeking a Procurement professional to lead the development and execution of purchasing strategies for restaurant kitchen equipment store materials, Indirect Services, and Purchasing System oversite for Papa John's in the U.S. and International markets. Collaborates with internal stakeholders including Development, Operations, Product Innovation, Engineering, QA, Finance, Executive Leadership and franchisee committees in delivering world class equipment and indirect program support and innovation for Papa John's and our restaurants. Develops specific sourcing strategies with equipment providers by focusing on cost reduction initiatives to reduce capital investment and /or life cycle costs. Supports Indirect Purchasing for Corporate Departments and manages SaaS based purchasing platform for food and packaging contracts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of restaurant equipment purchasing and supply chain activities for kitchen equipment, bldg. mechanicals, signage and related materials and services. Develops national programs, monitors costs, schedules, and performance of suppliers.
- Supports overall Corporate Indirect Purchasing for non-IDS programs
- Manages Jaggaer SaaS oversight of all food and packaging purchased items
- Lead purchasing collaboration with Development, Operations and Product Innovation teams.
- Leads cross-functional teams in supplier review and selection activities including execution of capital reduction improvement processes; analysis, including life-cycle costs, selection criteria, RFI and RFP development and vendor selection.
- Implements and supports enforcement of buying and contracting processes. Establishes metrics for monitoring and reporting on supplier performance. Evaluates incumbent suppliers, including evaluation and selection criteria and refines current sourcing strategy and recommends improvements.
- Reviews contract performance categories in scope. Develops and reviews performance data with suppliers: partners with suppliers to implement continuous cost and quality improvements.
- Creates program-specific sourcing strategies to optimize supplier base and total cost of ownership. Identifies potential cost savings, spend reduction, supplier consolidation, and standardization opportunities. Institutes and promotes capital cost reduction projects.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience in restaurant kitchen equipment, bldg. materials, food, packaging and indirect purchased services with national restaurant brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent offset experience in related fields
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant equipment and build out including ability to evaluate, assess value and impact of new equipment and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of food and packaging purchasing and purchasing systems management
- Knowledge of indirect procurement, finance and restaurant operations
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate on shared and strategic goals to drive business results.
- Proven leadership and demonstrated ability to lead & motivate employees
- Ability to navigate complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and original perspective.
- Multi-task skills on concurrent project development
- Analytical skills
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®