$150K — $200K *
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for the daily operations of Environmental Services, ensuring and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and consistency throughout all areas in the hospital.
High school diploma required.
Ten (10) years of Environmental Services Leadership experience, preferably in Healthcare. A Bachelor’s degree may substitute for up to four (4) years of the required experience. An Associate’s degree may substitute for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
• Maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies including administration, team members, providers, patients, and vendors.
• Identify cost effective systems needed to support the business of departments under span of control considering business trends, availability of resources, and changes in the industry.
• Promote, direct, and arrange training programs for team members to communicate with patients, visitors and customers using appropriate designated scripting and engagement techniques.
• Responsible for conducting required one-on-one training using approved techniques, procedures and educational materials in the coaching process.
• Monitor all essential functions for all current employees in various areas by properly reviewing the technical skills, including the cleaning and maintenance of hard surface floors, carpeting, walls, windows, stairwells, elevators, automatic door tracks and baseboards.
• Identify patient and non-patient areas that need attention prior to them becoming complaints or problems.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of and leads projects utilizing necessary equipment.
• Advise Administration, supervisory staff, and employees as to the proper interpretation of various Environmental Health, Safety and Environment of Care policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Responsible for meeting all goals related to customer service.
• Create cleanliness strategies.
• Act as a resource person and role model for team.
• Evaluate performance of team members reporting to the position based on organizational, departmental, personal goals and objectives.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
Valid through: 10/24/2020