As the Director of Environmental Services, you will plan, organize and direct the activities of the Environmental Services Department. Further, you will ensure overall strategic planning, budgeting and quality management of Environmental Services and Linen Departments.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the Environmental Services and Linen Department.
- Identifies and analyzes needs in all areas on all shifts. Investigates new procedures and techniques. Develops and implements action plans to meet needs and improve service.
- Develops and monitors strategic operating goals, objectives and budget; and reports operational performance, justification and/or corrective action.
- Oversees the development, coordination, integration, communication, implementation, and performance evaluation of operating policies and procedures consistent and in collaboration with all NSLIJHS guidelines.
- Develops and manages direct reports; and oversees the development and management of their staff.
- Builds and maintains productive inter/intra departmental and vendor work relationships to optimize operations.
- Oversees compliance with government and agency regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of environmental/housekeeping experience, including supervisory experience, at a comparably-sized acute care hospital, required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of environmental/housekeeping experience, including supervisory experience, at a comparably-sized acute care hospital, required.