Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This role will be responsible for leading the Enterprise Third Party Management Program team that will oversee adherence of EVMO and VMO activities on behalf of the Bank, focused on effective management and oversight of the Banks most critical and important enterprise vendors. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for leading a Vendor Management Office (VMO) team that will execute VMO activities on behalf of a Business Line or Function centralized in Global Procurement Services (GPS). This roles’ primary goals are to:
- ensure the success and adherence to the Enterprise Third Party Management (e.g., EVMO &VMO) Program across the Bank through effective supplier management practices to ensure standardization, governance, and overall program effectiveness.
- ensure critical and important contracts and vendors are effectively managed across the supplier management practices under contract management, financial management, performance management, risk management and relationship management, with the objective to minimize/manage the risk, while maximizing the value of the negotiated services.
Leading candidates must be excited about working in a flexible environment, collaborating with business partners, and delivering high quality results in a fast-moving workplace.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leading the Enterprise Third Party Management Program:
- Oversee and manage Enterprise Third Party Management Program team and related operations to deliver services against the overall program mandate
- Provides strategic guidance to the trajectory and development of the program in line with key stakeholder feedback
- Oversees the effectiveness of the program and ensures adherence to the responsibilities outlined within the program through established metrics and confirms compliance to the mandate
- Leads a forum to share key organizational updates, understanding pain points and to share leading practices and continuous improvement processes
- Responsible for socializing and distributing the supplier prioritization outputs annually
- Serves as the central point of contact for other Enterprise Programs, such as TPRM, Regulatory/Audit etc that impact the mandate
- Drives standardization across the processes, tools, and templates needed to establish third party management and supplier governance across the Bank
- Leading the VMO Team:
- Oversee and manage VMO team of varying sizes and related operations to deliver services against the VMO mandate
- Provides strategic guidance to Business Line leaders to ensure escalated concerns / governance issues are appropriately managed
- Primarily oversight and accountability for key vendor contracts and performance
- Maintain strong relationships with the Business and deliver insights pertaining to overall vendor performance at the contract and Business Line or Function level
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates team members by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- 7+ years’ experience in experience in contract management and supplier relationship management preferred
- Team leadership / people management
- University degree and postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent combination of education and Supplier management experience
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable, transparent relationships / partnerships
- Extensive experience influencing and managing internal and external stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in an environment involving multiple stakeholders with competing objectives
- Expert knowledge with supplier lifecycle management
- Understanding of the risk appetite for the Bank