This role has overall responsibility for the project and program management aspects of our enterprise software and informatics projects. It is a leadership role with both direct reports and hands-on program management responsibility: a “player-coach” role.
Experience and Skills
- Has successfully led multiple enterprise level software development projects, including local and cloud solutions
- Experience supporting and enhancing deployed software solutions
- Demonstrated success optimizing the software development process/lifecycle
- Expert at identifying and tracking appropriate software KPI’s
- Demonstrated success leading and mentoring software program and project managers
- Extensive experience leading global, multi-disciplinary teams in fast-paced, change intensive environments
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management processes, tools, templates and management techniques
- Extensive knowledge of multiple software product development methodologies, including in-depth knowledge of agile delivery practices
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex delivery challenges
- Strong business acumen and technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with senior and executive management
- Experience working in both unregulated and regulated (preferably medical device and/or clinical) environments
- Partners with Business and Technology leadership to establish a solid understanding of the vision, purpose and expected business benefits of the software and informatics portfolio.
- Manages the program-level decomposition of work across multiple projects.
- Works across organizational boundaries to define program interdependencies and release plans.
- Partners closely with Product Development and field teams to execute and deliver programs aligning to product vision and program goals, objectives and timelines. Makes sure appropriate domain resources are engaged. Helps define creative solutions to address resourcing challenges.
- Drives resolution of program-level issues. Facilitates executive-level escalations and program-level change management.
- Ensures measurable KPIs are defined, aligned to company goals and objectives, and tracked.
- Monitors health of program delivery. Tracks program-level status, risks, issues and dependencies. Proactively addresses delivery team impediments. Resolves program-level roadblocks to enable successful program execution.
- Manages program-level communications ensuring stakeholders are aligned with roadmap changes, release plans and delivery status. Leads program-level reviews with project teams, stakeholders and executive management as required.
- Drives the integration and adoption of agile delivery practices across project teams. Facilitates program retrospectives to identify improvement opportunities. Evangelizes and integrates desired changes in order to enable continuous improvement.
- Leads by example. Actively coaches Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Project teams in order to promote successful adoption of agile practices. Covers key management roles as needed to ensure the success of program delivery efforts.
- Leads and mentors a team of software program and project managers
Desired Education and Certifications
- BS, Computer Science or related discipline desired
- PMP certified
- Scrum Master
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
- SAFe Agilist
- Certified Disciplined Agilist
- ICAgile-Agile Certified Coach
- MBA or post-graduate level education in engineering