Director - Enterprise Services Compliance
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director – Enterprise Services Compliance – DigiTech, Brand, Design, and Capital One Growth Ventures
Director – Enterprise Services Compliance – DigiTech, Brand, and Design
Location: McLean, VA or Richmond, VA
At Capital One, we march to a different beat, think big and do big things. While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers great consumer experiences. We don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One’s technology transformation has presented an exciting opportunity to usher in leading edge, innovative approaches to risk management in close partnership with our business clients. Capital One is increasingly using technology to further its most dynamic, innovative products, which calls for new, creative ways for us to think about compliance and risk in a way that helps the business succeed, safely. The Compliance Advisor supporting Enterprise Services will be up for the challenge of supporting key strategic business objectives and providing Compliance guidance in a clear, solution oriented and customer-focused manner.
The Compliance Director will own the creation, management, and oversight of a robust Compliance Management program supporting some serious evolutionary moves across Enterprise Services’ most exciting lines of business; from technology operations in the cloud and Machine Learning to Corporate Branding and some of the coolest Digital innovation around. The successful candidate will be self-starting and entrepreneurial, seeing around corners to identify tomorrow’s risks, and able to integrate themselves seamlessly into existing and emerging business lines.
Here’s how you’ll operate:
- Serve as a credible business advisor and partner representing the Compliance organization to the Enterprise Services business teams
- Lead a team of Compliance Advisors as they build and execute the requirements of the Compliance Management Program for DigiTech, Brand, Design, and Capital One Growth Ventures.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in applicable laws, regulations, and regulator guidance
- Maintain key relationships with business leadership as well as Legal, Technology, Information Security and other stakeholders
- Develop strategies to support the business in a way that enables growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting regulatory demands
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to accomplish shared objectives
- Support the management of issues with the business and risk office as they arise
- Anticipate/identify/escalate risk scenarios early and propose potential mitigations
- Create and monitor ongoing engagement model with DigiTech, Brand, Design, and Capital One Growth Ventures to ensure Capital One’s compliance with policies, standards, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in compliance, legal, audit, risk management, or supply-chain management
- At least 7 years of experience supporting or partnering or interacting with internal business clients
- 10 years previous experience in Banking / Financial Services / Technology or other dynamic field
- Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders at various levels in a matrix organization
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to read and interpret regulations, and discuss with associates in the business
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, rapid growth environment
- The judgment to analyze, evaluate, develop and effectuate solutions to complex problems
- Team player with creativity, resourcefulness, a passion for problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently, while remaining flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
- Expertise leading, coaching and developing teams across multiple geographic locations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and innovatively and proven track record for delivering results
- Proven track record of partnership with cross-functional colleagues to drive progress and results
- Previous experience in Risk Management / Compliance or a related field
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
- Certifications such as: Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)