A highly driven Director of Sales for our enterprise team. This is a “start up” within a high growth company. You will be responsible for all People, day to day operations and productivity, Implementation of Analytics and Optimizations, and Training for the current team. As this is a ‘start up’, you will also be responsible for defining the future of this team. You will partner with the CRO to drive all decisions around “how” we grow; and providing the rationale. You need to be both entrepreneurial and operational; with the ability to make data driven decisions quickly, while not ignoring your “entrepreneurial gut”. People have to love you, follow you and be inspired by you; and as a “player coach”, we want to ensure your ego doesn’t get in the way of your selling if needed.
High-level view of who you are:
- You’ve done it all on the sales side; You’ve held sales, training and sales management and operations roles. You’ve been the “people” manager, the “ops” manager, the “trainer” and been on the front lines.
- You can demonstrate use of data to drive and optimize decisions.
- Pipeline Management is second nature to you; and you can look at a pipeline and specifically train to increase conversion rates at all points along said pipeline. More importantly, you can train pipeline management to people at all levels.
- Your innate ability to connect with people energizes both parties to drive forward. Your infectious energy inspires those around you to consistently grow.
- You have an entrepreneurial instinct; but an operator’s attention to detail.
- Performance Management is second nature to you and you can put an ROI around both keeping the employees that are worth the time to coach; while cutting your losses quickly for those employees that are not.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place through skills based education.
- You are NOTjust a director of sales; You are a thinker, a builder, a leader, an operator, a coach and have demonstrated experience doing all of the above.
In this job you will:
- Own hitting the revenue number and keeping your costs in line with the budget
- Partner with our GM and head of Product to design the team and plan for scale and corresponding roadmap to scale quickly. You will present the recommendation, the rationale and ROI around said recommendations.
- Train. A lot. We are learning how to be a “product driven org” as opposed to a custom shop. With this comes discipline, scripting and intense training every time a new product comes to market.
- Track learnings from the market and work with Product to help define / recommend new products based on observations.
- Be the POC for the marketing team
- Execute quickly on recommendations from analytics teams. This includes staffing changes, lead management model changes and other pieces that will impact your team.
- Build and manage advisors into team leads, managers and directors; as well as ensure your team is aware
- Be the central POC for all SOP development in working with other departments.
What makes you a great fit for this role (Requirements):
- You are comfortable operating in the gray and making decisions without all information. You are also comfortable coming back from these decisions and pivoting quickly.
- You have at least 7 years of experience in differing leadership positions; including management of a remote team
- You are a learner.
- You have worked on multiple program, product and sales at one time.
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage through text, so strong writing skills are essential.
- You can check your ego at the door; again and again and again.
- You love people and love building and inspiring teams.