This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation, and ongoing improvement and support, of the Enterprise-wide Risk Management (“ERM”) program, including risk identification, analysis, mitigation, tracking and reporting to the Audit Committee/Board of Directors. The goal of ERM is to provide a framework for decision-making that ensures business risks associated with achieving our performance goals are identified, assessed and considered at a corporate level, and in a consistent manner, resulting in informing our strategies for meeting our performance goals and prioritizing capital allocation. The ERM Director role requires a strong knowledge of the company/industry combined with the ability to effectively implement change across an organization.
- Develop interactive dashboards and intelligence reports for current and emerging risks
- Develop regular and ad-hoc reporting and presentations to executive leadership
- Oversee the development, population and maintenance of Key Risk Indicators (“KRIs”)/metrics
- Support and execute the planning and facilitation of risk workshops with senior and executive leadership
- Facilitate and support risk assessments and studies, providing research, analysis, advice and other inputs as required
- Develop and implement communications strategy and collateral
- Create content and conduct risk-based trainings
- Directly interface with risk owners in training on ERM processes and concepts, support risk owners in developing risk scenarios, quantification of risks, developing KRIs
- Assist in developing and training a Business Unit risk champions network to develop and mature a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification of risk
- Assist in the ongoing development and operations of the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management program
- Assist in executing and tracking implementation of the ERM Maturity Roadmap
- Subject matter expert on ERM tools, and methodologies to recommend best practices to improve the understanding and communication of risk
- Support the development and maintenance of a Risk Appetite Framework
- Work directly with various multi-disciplinary areas to identify and report potential risks and opportunities that exist within the Company
- Work with multi-disciplinary area leaders and/or risk owners to develop and enhance risk mitigation plans, as needed
- Train and mentor staff in all facets of the Enterprise Risk Management environment
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- BS degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Math and/or similar background preferred.
- 7-10 years related experience in Enterprise/Operational Risk Management experience or change management experience a plus..
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams and Power BI for creating surveys that link to dashboards and creating polling capability preferred
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of UNFI and/or industry
- Demonstrated capability to apply risk management concepts, analysis, and support to strategic decision-making processes
- Experience assessing and articulating risks in complex environments
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills and project management skills
- Ability to take direction and collaborate up, down and peer-to-peer within the organization
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to collaborate in a highly matrix environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend sound conclusions
- Proven ability to drive tasks and resolve issues under tight timeframes
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information