Our client is looking for a Director, Enterprise Risk Management to join our Risk team. This position will support risk management efforts by leading all insurance and underwriting risk management activities related to annuities and life insurance products. This person will chair the companys Insurance Risk Committee, providing leadership in the governance and oversight of insurance risk activities. In addition, this position will support the companys overall ERM framework by providing expertise in other areas of risk management such as credit and/or operational risk.
- Develop strong relationships across the company and provide leadership in the second line assessment of insurance risk.
- Chair the Insurance Risk Committee, developing meeting agenda and content.
- Evaluate, challenge, and support the product development life cycle and product line actuary initiatives.
- Oversee product pricing guidelines including implementation, adherence, and exception practices.
- Lead and deliver risk reporting and analysis including capital-at-risk, risk tolerance testing, and key risk indicators.
- Support financial risk management oversight related to insurance products and financial models.
- Engage in other risk management activities such as credit and/or operational risk governance.
- Monitor emerging risks and support management response to identified risks.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on effective risk management, including risk policy owners, risk owners, and process owners.
- Prepare materials supporting Sections 2 and 3 of the companys ORSA Summary Report.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries with at least 8 years of experience.
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelors’ degree in actuarial science, risk management, or related field.
- Experience in enterprise risk management or product development in an insurance company required.
- Exceptional financial modeling and analytical skill, including asset projections.
- Extensive knowledge of annuity and life insurance products, including key projection components.
- Familiarity with regulatory aspects of annuities and life products.
- Experience in credit and/or operational risk assessment or modeling preferred.
- Strong communication and project management skills.