Booking Holdings is currently undergoing a Finance Transformation initiative that will drive effective finance support for business management; promote strong governance and control in the organization; and have a world-class finance organization in terms of execution and efficiency.
A key enabler of success is the establishment of project management capabilities in the organization. This is a critical role in the organization as we establish and accelerate change through the Global Business Services Organization.
This role requires heavy influence at all levels, leveraging data, tools, agility, leadership and grit to align leaders to a common purpose. The leader and their team work cross-functionally to determine priority projects and ensure successful delivery of transformation projects throughout the entire lifecycle.
The Director, Enterprise PMO is responsible for developing organizational project management capabilities, executing strategic initiatives, and for building, coaching, and developing high performing team responsible for both execution and enablement of PM functions.
This position will have the following responsibilities and duties:
Responsibilities and Duties
Program and Portfolio Management Duties –
- Develop hierarchy to establish reporting from Portfolio, Program, and Projects – and develop reporting and governance cadence
- Oversee the prioritization of our project portfolio including working closely with FP&A to develop and firm up business case and return on investment (project cost / benefit tracking)
- Establish Objectives and Key Results – Linking the organizations projects up to the company strategic objectives to ensure measurable results – Linking each initiative clearly to the broader objectives and developing ways to measure and report performance and results
- Manage and report cost/ benefits
- Lead internal and external teams to ensure successful execution of large, complex, global projects
- Lead demand and capacity management to ensure projects are properly resources and human capital is planned
- Provide direction and stewardship for the functions within the Enterprise PMO and Global Business Services Organization – working across brands within IT, Finance, and our Product teams to engage sponsors and project stakeholders
- Ensure projects have considered and properly evaluated any impact on our operating and key controls – to ensure current to future state business processes are properly mapped and managed
- Develop program governance model and structure
- Establish cross-functional goals and ensure there is a common understanding of scope and objectives
- Consolidate status reporting across portfolio of projects and communicate through weekly project performance reports and regular steering committee and executive updates
- Manage issues and risks
- Manage change controls
- Develop strong relationships with key internal and external customers and third-party partners PMO Enablement
- Build team including recruiting, hiring, and mentoring of team
- Develop process model to support the ongoing execution of initiatives – including the creation of standard ways of working across the project management lifecycle 5 process groups (initiate, plan, execute, monitor / control, and close) and knowledge areas
- Creation of project charters, project management plans(workplans), resource planning, stakeholder engagement, status reporting, issue and risk management, cost, and closing to name a few
- Creation of tools for performing process improvement and root cause analysis (Fish-Bone, 5 Y, Value Stream Analysis, and effort / impact matrixes)
- Develop repository of projects for lessons learned and establish post portem processes
- Influence leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information sciences, engineering, or equivalent years of industry experience. MBA preferred.
- PMI PMP (Program Management Professional) certification preferred
- 12+ years’ experience in strategy, project leadership, consulting (strategy & operations, technology), PMO, or other similar roles managing enterprisewide, complex global programs with multiple projects/work
- Proven track record of influencing C-Level Business Leaders.
- Visionary leader with a bias for execution who can also dig into the details with the front-line team
- Data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- Project management skills; will have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results
- Proven experience in attracting, inspiring, developing, and retaining a diverse, high-performing global team of project coordinators, project managers, program managers and global process owners. streams
- 25% travel average during normal circumstances