Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates business and technical leadership; mentoring, planning, and organizational skills.
- Passion for attracting, growing, and retaining high performing talent and building a top notch engineering team.
- Champion engineering excellence across the organization and drive innovation.
- Exceptional technical acumen to influence the architecture and design of cloud and/or on-prem fault-tolerant, highly scalable and self-managed systems and services.
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Highly available architectures
- Wireless technology for the enterprise with highly secure technologies
- Intense routing, firewall, VPN access technology experience
- Networking platforms (Cisco/Palo Alto/Juniper)
- SDN, MPLS, DMVPN, and private network
- Call Center telephony platforms
- Network performance management and capacity planning
- SDLC and partnership with Application Development on solution Architecture
- Strong knowledge/experience in:
- Business Case/System Design Analysis
- Application Development Management
- Concepts/Lifecycle Maintenance
- Agile, scrum
- Managed Services
- Global Delivery
- Ability to accurately collect and effectively relate information at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work directly with 3rd party vendors to deliver best in class solutions that push forward the evolution and architecture of information data delivery.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner with teams in remote locations.
- Ability to strike an appropriate balance between business requirements and technical constraints while managing ambiguity effectively.
- Ability to work with vendors and external partners and drive excellence in delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant technology industry experience managing and/or leading enterprise level IT/enterprise infrastructure functions
- Proven leader with general management skills and a track record of managing teams in the quality service delivery of IT projects utilizing ITIL or Six Sigma (preferably both).
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of team building; ability to recruit/ hire top talent and inspire others
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly articulate complex issues. Verbal, written and presentation skills, including interpersonal and team
- Develops strategic and operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages large scale business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- History of leading the technology infrastructure function for a multi-national enterprise. Experience working with field and/or retail organization.
- Strong experience working successfully with managed service providers including but not limited to leading RFP processes, vendor & contract management, negotiating/re-negotiating contracts and creating an environment for mutual success.
- Prior experience in large organizations where scale, relationships, and multi-national foot print complexities are realities and smaller aggressive start-ups where deep market savvy, business expertise and urgency are required.
- Proven track record of building scalable solutions, organization structures and management processes inside a culture of innovation.
- Strong track record of building high performing teams.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Architecture, IT or related business field.
- 15+ years of infrastructure experience with minimum 10 years management/leadership experience