Director, Enterprise Financial Planning and Analysis
11 - 15 years experience • Medical Equipment
Director, Enterprise Financial Planning & Analysis
Our client is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies and products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. The products and services are available in over 100 countries. This newly created, highly critical role will provide exposure to the Executive Leadership team and broad understanding of enterprise FP&A for the Corporation.
· Provide monthly analyses and communicate results to CEO/CFO for efficient decision making and communication to internal organization, including SLT, and external analyst community.
· Deliver high-quality, in-depth narratives of significant variances to prior year, budget, and prior forecast. Highlight trends and significant drivers of forecast.
· Consolidate & validate Group projections and budgets and communicate to leadership.
· Develop reporting package to highlight spending trends and opportunities.
· Set up monthly recurring communication meetings with relevant managers.
· Review global Financials for accuracy & trends and prepare analysis including Gross Margin Bridge, Earnings for Share (EPS) Bridge and Sales squeezes to provide context for all communication.
· Work closely with Vice-President – Financial Operations to perform ad hoc analysis to assess potential impacts on quarterly & annual financial performance.
· Assure team is providing ongoing business support and lead monthly financial activities for functional XLT members as part of the Corporate office including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Investor Relations, Communications, and the RHQ
· Monthly closing processes (accruals, journal entries, account and budget versus actual analysis)
· Monthly projection process for quarterly and annual spending
· Provide financial support to various initiatives and projects led from the Corporate office
· Lead creation and communication of Board packages on a monthly and quarterly basis
· Assure team prepares annual bonus calculation including validation of all adjustments and validate with Groups.
· Primary owner of Global HFM Planning tool, which captures all projection and budget information, and ensure deployment to entire organization.
· Validate PV reporting from Encompass and partner with divisions on all changes to the reporting.
· Be the primary contact for all Groups for all budget & projection changes. Be main point of contact on Encompass reporting from an FP&A perspective
· Effectively lead and manage a team of 4-7 employees, including at least one manager of people
· Bachelordegree in Accounting or Finance, CMA and MBA preferred
· 10-14+ years of financial analysis/business support background required.
· Ability to interact with executive leadership and handle highly sensitive/confidential information
· Proven people management experience
· Extreme proficiency in Excel; Hyperionexperiencepreferred.
· Strong analytical skills, financial and business acumen and ability to apply independent judgment
· Detailed oriented yet capable of grasping the big picture
· Able to work under time pressures without comprising accuracy
· Ability to concisely convey key messages based on output of data analyses
· Collaborative and flexible with a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Travel up to 30%