Job Description & Qualifications
Lead and manage teams of IT associates. Effectively influences others to accomplish the mission of the organization. Define the work environment and provide the framework to support teams. Identify priorities as well as provide the direction for completing tasks on time. Accountable for the bottom-line results of the team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops IT plans in support of specific business objectives.
- Manages business relationships and monitors status of business.
- Manages and coordinates strategic activities for staff. Monitors completion per the governance process.
- Defines requirements and design for IT projects in support of key business objectives.
- Ensures business and IT strategic alignment.
- Oversees the management and resolution of IT customer service issues.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically defined by higher level leadership. Problems are difficult. Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Decides how to achieve planned results within an organization's plans, policies, and guidelines. May set or change plans/goals within respective department or area.
- May manage department via multiple layers of managers OR directly supervise a staff of professional individual contributors at the senior or technical advisor level.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 9+ years of experience in a related field, including several years in a management/supervisory capacity.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 12 plus years experience in related field preferred, of which over 3 years are in a director or senior leadership role.
- Experience in systems development and project management across a variety of technical platforms.
- Experience within a matrix management environment.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Extensive understanding of the BI and analytics space (AWS / Azure) with special focus on the consumer and customer space
- Experience leading and building architecture teams with significant hands on experience developing roadmaps, building business case and deploying rapid prototypes to demonstrate use of new technology resulting in business outcomes
- Significant experience and deep understanding of functional domains like Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Merchandising
- Expertise in technologies such as SAP eHana, SAP BW, Snowflake, Tableau, SAP MDG, Enterworks PIM, SAP EIM and ability to quickly explore new technologies such as Machine Learning