Since 1973, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 120 locations across the U.S. and Asia, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our associates’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
We are seeking a Director of Enterprise Business Continuity Office (EBCO). This position will direct and coordinate all aspects of the enterprise Business Continuity Program consistent with regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and company policy. This position will also identify, manage, and report inherent and residual continuity risk arising from new and ongoing activities and partner with business units, Risk Management, Internal Audit, and Information Technology (IT) to develop and test risk mitigation strategies in alignment with established risk tolerances. This role will serve as the business continuity subject matter expert to management and the face of the EBCO to regulators and governmental agencies and other stakeholders.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the Business Continuity Program during development, implementation, testing, and on-going maintenance
- Develop and implement appropriate measures to identify risks associated with business processes and associated dependencies to ensure that appropriate risk mitigation strategies are in place
- Create business continuity program goals and reporting against key performance indicators that support continuous program improvement
- Establish training programs to ensure that program participants are aware of their roles and can execute their assigned responsibilities when needed
- Manage the continuity planning process and create awareness throughout the company
- Establish a risk-based Business Continuity Testing Program to build confidence in recovery strategies and ensure the program meets objectives
- Define and prioritize business functions and associated dependencies which are determined to be critical to achieving corporate objectives
- Conduct periodic presentations to executive management and business units outlining the corporate Business Continuity Program capabilities, roles, and responsibilities
- Provide leadership and guidance in the event of a disaster
- Build a network that supports enterprise-wide program engagement and execution
- Confirm business continuity requirements and incorporate analysis of state and federal laws and regulations and recommend program and enterprise actions to ensure continued regulatory compliance
- Partner with IT to confirm and enhance technology recovery capability that aligns to business demand, best practices, and regulatory guidance
- Assess the company’s ability to align with regulatory and audit expectations
- Create awareness and present findings on industry standards and best practices to enhance effectiveness of the continuity program
- Evaluate continuity planning initiatives to ensure a risk-based capability is in place and tested that satisfies recovery expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work with across levels of personnel from end users to executive management
- Polished presentation skills to both large groups and executive management/ board meetings
- A strategic vision and the ability to build business case scenarios
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and developmental skills
- Creative, practical approach to solutions; focusing on substance over form
- The ability to recognize and take advantage of actual risks vs. perceived risks
- The ability to clearly communicate ideas and direction
- Ability to influence decisions and actions without direct authority
- Experience with regulatory exams and audits
- FFIEC Handbook interpretation and application
- Proven trustworthiness and history of acting with integrity
- Customer-centric focused, take pride of ownership and in work, seeking to excel in the profession, and being curious and adaptable
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision with a sense of urgency
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Highly organized and efficient
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, along with decision-making skills and business acumen
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information assurance or related technical field
- Master’s Degree with a business or information systems focus preferred
- Minimum 5 - 10+ years of experience managing or supervising a business continuity program
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing continuity program initiatives and incidents
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple projects and collaborating in a cross-functional team environment
- 3+ years of experience within the mid-sized or larger bank, preferred
- DRII, BCI, CBDP or other relevant certifications
The base pay range for this position is USD $170,000.00/Yr. - USD $212,000.00/Yr. Exact offers will be determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.