The Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for the design, implementation, delivery and maintenance of Banking Technology platforms. The position will oversee the long-term strategic planning of MVB Operations Technology, including the functionality, scalability, and interoperability of hardware, software, and middleware platforms. The Director manages and supports business plans, defines the strategic long-term roadmap, facilitates the planning of contingencies, establishes metrics, and ensures that the delivery of all products & services to support ongoing operations across the MVB companies.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee the strategic planning of business units with respect to technology and collaborate proactively to recommend solutions. These initiatives can then be used for multi-year planning and assembly of an integrated roadmap.
- Train, coach and mentor the Business Analyst team, and foster a strong spirit of collaboration within and across the team
- Oversee the Change Management function, facilitate meetings, and report on status
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Facilitate the design, implementation, management, and communication of customer focused strategic business plans/charter
- Identify areas of opportunity for continuous process improvement and user satisfaction
- Creating and producing architecture designs and implementation plans.
- Recommend hardware and software platforms to support design, and regularly evaluate platforms for effectiveness.
- Providing information technology leadership by understanding business imperatives and regulatory demands.
- Research emerging trends and make recommendations to business/operations.
- Identifying business and technical areas of risk and leading the risk mitigations.
- Recommending, developing, facilitating, and supporting technology solutions that balance ideal and practical considerations of the business.
- Negotiating with internal and external (suppliers/vendors) stakeholders.
- Define steady-state ownership of business systems support.
- Actively manage transition, transformation, and conversion to new technologies.
- Work to define education & training for associated technologies.
Education and work experience includes:
- Degree in a technology-related field, engineering, business, or equivalent work or education related experience.
- 7 years of experience in information technology with at least 3 years in a manager role.
- Knowledge of common information technology management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST.
- People management, project management, financial/budget management, resource management, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- A track record of success with respect to managing a 24/7 Service Desk environment delivering excellent technical customer service.
- Strong technical knowledge across application support, MS Windows Service Active Directory, desktop support.