Director, Enterprise ApplicationsJob Title:Director, Enterprise ApplicationsJob Type:Full-TimeLocation:San Diego, CA Job Description:
Scope of Position:
The Director, Enterprise Applications will be responsible for directing availability, functionality, maintenance and support of all software applications in-use within the EDF-RE ecosystem. He/she will be responsible for managing relationships between the IT department and leaders of all business units. In conjunction withthe Enterprise Architect, the Director will identify technology solutions to address issues and enable new business opportunities tothe company in these areas. He/she will plan and manage implementation projects related to his/her areas of responsibility, and provide on-going production support, administration, and maintenance of the respective applications.
Reports to: Vice President, Information Technology
Division/Department: Corporate / Information Technology
Location: San Diego, CA
80% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, servers, peripheral equipment, phones, and general office equipment. 20% of the time is spent traveling outside of the office at other EDF-RE locations located in the US, Canada and Mexico, for the purpose of project related work, and to attend conferences, trade shows, and professional development events
- Direct the implementation of all software solutions within the area of responsibility, in partnership with business leaders and internal IT resources
- Work with the Vice President, IT and other department managers to establish, review, and communicate the IT application roadmap
- Develop, review, and communicate an overall applications architecture for the company in alignment with business needs and IT best practices
- Working with the Enterprise Architect, evaluate and select application-related technologies, as needed, such as development tools, middleware, automated testing solutions, etc.
- Manage day-to-day applications support issues, including prioritization, communication, and resolution for all EDF-RE organizations.
- Create, implement, and test IT policies and processes in the areas of software development and implementation; ensure compliance and generally-accepted best practices
- Select and supervise internal and external resources onrelated projects
- Facilitate the application governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications must support.
- Develop and retain EDF-RE employees under his/her supervision
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with IT leaders and team members at EDF EN, our parent company in France, working toward common practices and the sharing of ideas and resources
- Maintain good working knowledge of current and emerging technologies related to areas of responsibility, through independent research, and attending relevant conferences, trade shows, and professional organization meetings
- Bachelor Degree in IT, business, or other relevant field of study
- 10+ years in Information Technology, in a variety of roles related to business applications development, implementation, and/or support
- 5+ years in an IT management role with responsibility for enterprise application development, implementation, and/or support
- 3+ years in an IT project management role with packaged software implementation, PMP Certification, a plus
- Strong working knowledge of upper quadrant ERP solutions (SAP or Oracle E-Business Suite preferred), business intelligence, CRM, data warehousing, self-service Web applications, and collaboration portals/tools, such as SharePoint, Salesforce, Tableau, and other applicable platforms.
- Experience with Energy Markets and Renewable Energy Generation concepts preferred.
- Experience with energy generation platforms such as Pi, MV90, and SCADA systems preferred.
- Experience with database systems and architectures; SQL Server experience preferred.
- Must possess, and demonstrate the ability to learn and apply a high level of technical, business, and problem-solving skills to complement a strong leadership and management skill set.
- Proven program and project management skills, coupled with the ability to implement standard SDLC tools and techniques tuned to a culture of entrepreneurship; exposure to iterative and/or Agile implementation a plus
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; able toaddress business issues and conflicts in a professional, constructive, and non-technical manner; bi-lingual (English/French) a plus
- Ability to be productive and produce quality results in a dynamic work environment; well organized, show initiative, and accept responsibility for issues and their resolution
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive workingrelationships with peers and cross-functional team members from a variety of business functions
- Ability to create an inclusive, diverse team environment, celebrating success and learning from mistakes. Demonstrates respect and appreciation for all contributors regardless of role.
- Commitment to high standards, integrity, and ethics.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.