The Director, Enterprise Applications is part of the IT Leadership team reporting to the highest-level IT executive in the company. This position requires focused accountability for all the applications required to support the enterprise strategy and growth of the business.
The Director, Enterprise Applications is responsible for the full life cycle of business applications from delivery to disposal; including strategy, planning through selection, operation, deployment, refresh, optimization, retirement and disposal.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The Director, Enterprise Applications will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of applications:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to facilitate and influence the application governance process and gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes.
- Oversee benefits realization, partner with the organization to measure and achieve the benefits targeted within the business cases. This includes leading the development of business cases and identifying targeted outcomes.
- Develop and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate architecture standards, company and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Manage application group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building out recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skill gaps.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study is required as a minimum and a master’s degree is preferable.
- 7+ years demonstrated excellence in leading both application development and support teams.
- Proven track record of success in initiating and implementing and integrating large scale enterprise systems, such as CRM, ERP, HRIS, MES, PLM, and business intelligence solutions.
- Experience in digital business technologies such as mobile app development, API management, cloud, data analytics, etc. is a plus.
- Desired experience with companies in manufacturing.
- Exceptional business acumen, leadership and communication skills, enabling them to operate credibly with senior leadership.
- Strong familiarity with process management techniques with the ability to establish and define processes, interrelationships, key controls and to continuously monitor and improve processes to facilitate the efficient and effective execution of business activities.
- Use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies in delivery of IT solutions.
- Strong people development and leadership skills - proven track record of successfully attracting, developing, and leading high performing teams
- Executive presence; ability to translate technology into business terms and to influence outcomes with key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to technical and business resources with equal aptitude.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals across all levels within the organization.
- A working manager, not afraid of participating and helping the team get the job done.
- Ability to adopt new methods and concepts and lead cross functional teams through change.